Chapter 9

(Edited  7-3-18)

*UNKNOWN POV*

"Boss. The White we brought in earlier is waiting for you in interrogation."

I nod and place the papers I have in my hands back on my desk. I rise from my seat with a pleasant smile on my face.

"Thank you. I will be right there."

We caught another White this weekend, which is one more step towards curing this world of those terrible monsters. I pull out her file and begin my walk to the interrogation room. The facility is large with twisting and turning hallways that only the staff know how to navigate. I reach the door to the interrogation room and take a deep breath before entering. I step into the large white room, feeling a sense of power this job gives me.

The room is equipped with sensors that take away the subjects powers. In the middle of the room is a table with two chairs on each end. The girls hands are cuffed to the chair and her feet are chained as well.

"Well..." I sit down in the chair across from her and swing a leg over the other. I look up at her, and see the bruises on her face that are healing fast. She was a hard one to catch.

I open her file  to see her picture and information of her species and supposed abilities.

"Miss...Weston, Kim Weston. You were quite easy to catch may I say." A complete lie on my part.

She spits in my direction, but it hits the table just inches from where I set her file down. I ignore her disrespect.

"We will begin testing immediately."

I begin to stand.

"You're not going to kill me?" She has the most hateful look on her face.

"Oh sweetheart, don't worry we will. But...we need to find a cure for vermin like you. So, we will run a few tests and experiment first. No more White's. No more danger. No more you." I pick up her file and move to leave.

"Go ahead and torture me all you want! But you remember one thing, we will never stop existing. And there is nothing you can do about it." She pulls on the handcuffs, and one of them breaks.

I press and hold the button in my hand and watch her squirm with pain. I need to up the security in here. I stand there for a while holding the button, her words hitting a soft spot deep within me.

There is a way. I know it.

I walk out of the room and don't let off the button till I'm safely in my office.

***

"Boss. We found the girl, Maia. She's in a small town called Thorne Bay in Alaska. Shall I prepare a team?"

I stand up from my pile of work.

"Yes, prepare the facility in Alaska and get me on the next plane out."

The tests will just have to wait till I get back from picking up yet another White.

Piece of cake.