Chapter 5

(Edited 6-21-18)

*MAIAS POV*

Dylan was different last night. He had had been polite and a completely different person than who I met at the airport. And I liked it (I would never admit that though). He went from arrogant and rude, to nice...funny even. There's something about him that's different. And to top it all off, I can't get his face out of my head! 

I finish the last touch-ups on my makeup, put on my black leather jacket and head downstairs. I try to shake Dylan from my thoughts, but it's almost as if something inside of me is yearning for him, needing him.

"Oh well don't you look lovely." Aunt Mays blonde hair is tied back in a bun but a few strands have fallen loose.

My uncle smiles up at me. "Well let's go then!" He opens the door and let's us ladies go first.

*DYLANS POV*

I arrive at the party already searching for a certain someone. The party is at an old campsite by the lake that is now owned by my dad. As a matter of fact, he owns most everything in this town. This town is a majority of wolves anyways.

"Go have fun sweetie." My mother smiles and wraps her arm around my father's waist.

"Represent." My father gives me a pointed look and I laugh.

When I don't spot Maia, I go sit at a table with my friends.

I look around the campsite to see everyone dancing, eating, or drinking, and just enjoying themselves. I've been a part of this pack my whole life and I'm pretty sure I could name everyone here. We are a pretty close knit pack, with my father leading it the best he can.

"So? Where's the new girl? Your girl." Wes asks with a wiggle of his eyebrows. Everyone looks to me with amused looks.

The table consists of me, Wes, Flinn, Quin, Annabeth, and her friends Jill, Lola, and Danny. We've all been friends for the longest time. When you grow up here, you tend to stick around. It's a wolf thing.

"Ohhh a new girl? Damn Dylan, jump on it." Danny winks and I roll my eyes.

"She's not my girl and I don't know if she's even coming." I huff. They can also be really annoying.

"Well speak of the devil." Annabeth says bitterly.

I look to see Maia walking in with her Aunt and Uncle from where cars are parked. May greets lots of people and introduces Maia, who eventually looks tired of shaking people's hands. I realize this and swoop in for the save.

"Maia! Come sit with me and my friends." I suggest. She seems hesitant and looks to Jeff who has noticed Dylans presence. He gives her the go ahead and she reluctantly agrees. Jeff seems uneasy as well.

"I won't bite." I wink and I can see her walls come down a little when she rolls her eyes.

We reach the table and I do a short introduction, everyone giving her short hello's.

"Where are you from?" Lola asks with a smile.

"Arizona." Maia replies.

The questions continue as well as her vague answers. Her vague answers only confirm to me that she's hiding something. And I can't help but wonder if it's the fact that she has white fur and blue eyes.

*MAIAS POV*

"So why did you pick good ole Thorne Bay as your vacation spot? There's not much to do here." Flinn asks me directly.