Yoonmin

There are only two things (that Yoongi knows of) that Jimin hates: cold weather and baths. Jimin has always gotten a bit grumpier around the time Autumn rolls around, his ears flattening against his head, rubbing his frozen cheeks against the fabric of Yoongi's sweaters. He isn't too difficult to deal with though, because all Yoongi has to do is loop a scarf around his neck and pull him into his side and Jimin is purring contently into the skin of his neck.

Baths, however, continue to be a nightmare.

Usually Yoongi tries to tire Jimin out before attempting to wrestle him into the bathtub, taking him out to dinner or to play basketball at the park. Then it's easy to coax Jimin into the water, unflinching as Yoongi lathers soap in his hair. But other times Yoongi has to raise his voice, hook a finger under the collar around Jimin's neck and demand he obey him. Jimin cowers, his tail between his legs, and does as he's told, a flush of humiliation pretty on the tan skin of his neck.

Tonight is one of the nights that Jimin has decided that he's going to be good, sleepy and pliant from the bit of wine Yoongi had allowed him to sip at during dinner. He lets Yoongi strip him without protest, nipping at Yoongi's fingers playfully, and lets Yoongi run absent fingers through his hair as he runs the tap. His ears twitch the slightest when he lowers himself into the water, goosebumps on his skin, but relaxes once Yoongi pours some of it over his shoulders.

Yoongi wets his hair, Jimin's eyelashes sparkling with freckles of water, and then rubs shampoo into his scalp, careful not to get any in his ears. He scrubs a soapy washcloth across Jimin's back and down his arms, the back of his neck, until he's clean. And then they rinse and Jimin steps out of the bath, shivering, into Yoongi's arms, swathing him in a towel.

"You've been such a good boy," Yoongi murmurs as he rubs the wetness from Jimin's hair with the towel, smiling as the younger purrs lowly.

Yoongi tosses the wet towel into the hamper at the corner of the bathroom and pulls a new one from the rack on the wall to wrap around Jimin's shoulders. "Hyung, I'm sleepy," Jimin yawns, and Yoongi ignores the sharpness of his canines, flashing in the light, distracting himself with lining the soap back where it goes in the bathtub.

"Then lets go to bed."

Jimin refuses to have his collar off other than when he's bathing, and so Yoongi buckles it back on once they've padded down the hall to the bedroom. He kisses Yoongi on the corner of his mouth in thanks, his cheeks pink in a deceiving act of bashfulness. Jimin hasn't been shy since Yoongi first found him in that back alley three years ago.

Jimin changes into boxers and a t-shirt before crawling into bed, watching Yoongi strip out of his own clothes to pull on a pair of sweats and a tank. He whines when Yoongi takes too long, squirming beneath the sheets, but the elder just waves him off, murmuring about impatient pets under his breath.

Jimin curls into him immediately once he slips beneath the comforter with him, one hand up the back of Yoongi's shirt and his cold nose pressed into his sternum. His ears twitch when Yoongi pets a hand through his hair, but he begins to purr soon enough, and Yoongi falls asleep to the sound of it, Jimin's hair soft and damp between his fingers.

-

Sometimes when Hoseok visits Yoongi's apartment, he'll bring his own kitten, a shelter kid with big round eyes and a sweet smile. He and Jimin play together, wrestling on the floor or barreling into Yoongi's bedroom to play all his video games. Eventually Yoongi ventures into the room just to find the two of them curled together, asleep, in the bed.

"They're still kids," Hoseok says once Yoongi returns to the living room, a smile twitching on his mouth. "Especially Jungkook. He doesn't know exactly how old he is but he's probably only 16-17."

Discomfort crawls like tiny insects beneath Yoongi's skin, but he falls beside Hoseok on the couch anyways, hands shoved in the front pouch of his sweatshirt. "Where do these kids even come from?" he mumbles. "I found Jimin in a back alley, nearly frozen to death. Do they even have families?"

Hoseok smiles, but the curve of his mouth is false, the shine in his eyes bitter. "When I went to get Jungkook from the shelter, the building was honestly more like a hospital; big, white, sterile. Like a lab."

Yoongi's head spins, his pulse loud in his ears. He doesn't notice how hard his nails are digging into the palms of his hands until Hoseok gently touches his arm. "It's fucked up, I know. But I wouldn't worry about it too much." His eyes slide to the open door of the bedroom, smiling once again, a real smile.

"As long as they have a home to call their own, I think they're happy."

That night, after Hoseok has left, a sleepy Jungkook on his arm, Yoongi pulls Jimin back into bed and kisses him all over, until Jimin is giggling so hard he can barely breathe. "That tickles," he gasps, attempting to squirm away from Yoongi's teeth nipping at his ribs, but the elder just holds him down and kisses his way back up Jimin's chest. His very last kiss is on the tip of Jimin's nose, and he looks so pleased when Yoongi pulls away that he would be willing to kiss him a thousand more times if it made him look at him like that forever.

"What was that for?" Jimin asks as he rolls them over to settle against Yoongi's chest. He must be able to hear Yoongi's heartbeat hammering in his chest, but if he does he doesn't say anything about it.

Yoongi squeezes Jimin's arm, warm and taught with muscle, and drops a kiss on the top of his head. "Just because."