"Thank you, but its better if I talk to her myself" she nodded with a slight smirk.

"You never say thank you" she stated teasingly, I rolled my eyes leaving her alone.

As I was going upstairs Jace was on his way down and when we met half-way he smirked at me and started singing "As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for I am-" I cut him off with my glare.

Once I reached Eve's door, I took a deep breath 'aaahh, just as I finally lost the 'missing on birthday' problem I get to have another today. I might never hear the end of it ever again'

"Eve?" I asked while knocking softly, I was met with silence. I knocked again but no sound was heard so I just tried opening the door and luckily it was unlocked.

"Jesus! You should have at least answered!" I half-exclaimed, she turned to me with a smirk.

"Bask in the glory of my perfect body with only the confines of my underwear" she said motioning to her body, I rolled my eyes at her absurdity.

"I've seen better" she pouted in reply, she turned to her closet and started getting dressed.

"There's a convention in Sydney-

"and it is important that you attend" she continued turning around to face me.

"Exactly, I leave tomorrow morning" Just as those words left my mouth her face turned sour.

"And you're just-"

"I know, I know." I said cutting her off "I'd be gone for a week" I finished preparing for the worst.

"Halloween's on Thursday" she mumbled

"I know-"

"I'M NOT INFORMING YOU!" she yelled. 'Damn! I really did dug deep'

"You never miss holidays" she started again "you promised never to miss one that's why you are not going to that stupid convention" she stated with a tone of finality.

"I did promise that, that's why I'm telling you now and I'm so sorry but you have to understand, I've been sending my secretary as a representative for straight two months but this time I need to be the one there. I promise I'd make it up to you, I'll shop with you anytime you want, I'll do anything you want just please let me go" I pleaded but when I saw the smirk that played on her face I knew by then that she wanted me to say those last words.

"I am not having an incestuous relationship with you" I stated with a wry look

"Aw, man! You said you'd do anything!" she said exaggeratedly

"Well, I just made an exception" I said with a shake of my head.

"You never say sorry or please" she quipped

"Yes, and I don't need everyone to keep pointing that out every damn time that I do"

"Aubrey really did knock you off of your horse huh. You can finally mingle to us commoners" she teased, I sighed defeated.

"So, I could go, right?" I confirmed, she nodded, "But don't you ever forget your promise" she threatened

"Yes but you should also promise that once I have paid for missing this coming Halloween I would never hear you talk about it again"

"Ok, I promise" she said with a sly grin

"Show me both your hands so I could see if you're crossing your fingers while you say promise, I won't fall for that again." I stated with a stern look, she did that before, she promised and all but she never stopped using it to make me feel guilty i.e. her nineteenth birthday and when I questioned her about the promise she just said she had her fingers crossed.