00

A/N: This is my first fanfiction please bear with me. I know this chapter is poorly written but they will get better as time progresses.

Before reading please know the following:

Dark themes
OOC-ness
Characters owned by Hiro Mashima

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

5 years ago

Natsu's point of view:

"We're separating and that is final," Igneel said with a serious face. "What do you mean 'separate'? What happened to us staying together forever? So everything that you promised is just-"

My brother Zeref cut me off, "This was mother and father's decision we have no choice but to accept it. Your shouting isn't going to help anything, plus can't you see how Wendy is handling this?! You're not the only one having a hard time with the situation." He admitted.

I was so lost at words I couldn't say anything back to him. When I looked at my younger sister I noticed her eyes were red and puffy. "N-Natsu Zeref is r-right." She managed to say.

"Natsu you will be staying with me and Wendy and Zeref will be staying with your father." My mom confirmed. My eyes widened at what I just heard, I stared at my dad and he was avoiding eye contact.

"Your not serious right? This can't be happening! Papa? P-Papa! Papa!"

That moment I was on the verge of tears, he didn't answer me when I kept calling him.

"Well, I think you should start packing now. You are moving out of Magnolia and going to Crocus," He got up off the couch and didn't say anymore. I couldn't process all this at once, it was too sudden. On top of that, I wouldn't be able to say goodbye to my friends.

I stayed silent and headed to my room.

'How could Zeref be so calm about this? Why is Wendy just accepting everything? I know for quite a long time mom and dad were fighting, but I never knew it was this bad. Is it my fault? What will my friends think? What if they think I'm leaving them on purpose?'

Several hours later when I calmed down, I had 3 suitcases filled with everything I own. I headed for my door and turned around. My room was so empty, the posters, the bed sheets, the clothes that used to be on the floor, the video games and books that used to take up the shelves were all gone. The only things left in my room were an empty bed along with shelves and drawers. Zeref came to help me put my things in the car.

"Come visit sometime and take care of mom for me," He pleaded.

"Same to you take care of dad and Wendy, If anything happens to them..." I trailed off.

"Don't worry nothing will happen and I will tell your friends about your leave. Same with Sting and Gajeel." He assured with a small smile.

"Good luck with that," I mumbled through my scarf.

All of a sudden I felt smaller hands around me.

"Bye Natsu." Wendy held me tight.

"Bye Wendy, take care, hope to see you again," I promised, ruffling her hair.

Soon enough I got in the car with my mom waiting for me. Sadly, my dad didn't come to say goodbye and it saddened me quite a lot.

Present day

I'm now sixteen years old and a lot has happened since the day my parents divorced when I was eleven.

Igneel was put to rest.

I will never forgive myself for not saving him. Never

And now Wendy lives with Grandeeney and me in Crocus. Zeref moved out since he is now twenty three and is a teacher back at Magnolia.

Many things have changed, I met a white haired girl and we became friends and eventually more than that. I spilled my heart to her and she decided to break it. I haven't seen her since then and my trust issues worsened.

One thing that has kept me sane is heroin. When I first tried it I was thirteen going on fourteen.

When the needle goes through my veins it feels like I'm floating on a cloud of happiness, and all your worries, stress and pain are gone. But once the feeling wears off you start to crave it. Next thing you know you become addicted.

I've been purchasing this substance from a guy named Cobra, it's pricey, but it's like I have to buy it and inject it into my body in order to get through the day. The money I get from my daily job is what I use to pay him. So far nobody knows that I have been doing this for a little more than two years.

I haven't even spoken to my friends since Igneel passed. Sometimes Sting and Gajeel contact me to check how I'm doing which I do not find pleasing. However, if I don't reply to them they said they would come down here themselves and that would be a really big hassle, plus I don't think I could face them, even if they are my cousins. The only thing they know is that I moved due to the separation, as well as the murder of my father.

Nevertheless, things changed once again because a few weeks ago my mother decided it would be good for Wendy and me to finish school back in Magnolia. I'm enrolled at Fiore Prep for grade eleven where Zeref teaches. Luckily, it has dorms so I don't have to move in with him for the rest of my high school years. In addition, to the school, it goes from eighth grade to twelfth so, Wendy gets to move into the dorms as well.

Over the summer, I have been staying at Zeref's until school starts. Which I thought was the worst. Considering we haven't been on good terms for a long time. Yet, now he tries to be nice to me but I knew he is only doing it because of his girlfriend Mavis.

During that time, I managed to get a part-time job at the bookstore near the school.

Favorably Cobra told me that he knew someone who sells heroin in Magnolia.

His name is Midnight also known as Macbeth.

I guess something actually worked in my favour for once.