DiscoBall

hi guys this interview is with DiscoBall I hope you enjoy it peace out! Mwah from lolly ______________________________________________________________________________

So, how are you?

I’m fine, thank you!

 Good so how did you hear about wattpad?

I read books on my phone, yes I am that geeky… and proud of it. Anyhow, I discovered Wattpad first through App Store. I searched for applications about books and the Wattpad App, as far as I can remember was on the top! (but then again, considering my short term memory loss problem, I could have just made that up…)

Well, downloading it was probably the best thing I ever did.

 What made you interested in wattpad when you first saw it?

I really liked the fact there was such a huge user base; it tends to put a lot of people off but it just got my attention. I never initially joined to put my own works on Wattpad; I was a reader for almost eight months before I actually signed up. When I realized how supportive the whole community was, I braved myself and put up a couple of my stories; so far, it’s been going just fine. I am not chasing after a huge cluster of fans through my stories, and I expect people to vote only if they actually like the stories.

 Have you always been interested in writing stories?

 I would have to say that I am a reader first and then a writer. From quite a young age, I have had an obsession with books; until the age of nine, I think, I read pretty much all I could get my hands on. However, of course, as I grew up, my interests changed, and I started reading a lot of different, much better and mature stuff.

I started writing about a year ago; I haven’t yet completed a book, but I sure hope to accomplish that feat during the summer holidays (that I just can’t wait for). I also like to think that although I may not be so much of a writer, at least not at the moment because I haven’t yet had a proper chance to give writing my full potential, but I think of myself as a perfectionist; I put my best effort into everything I do, and that is usually what I aim to do when I write.

One of the works that I have recently begun (and it is very roughly edited), is called Fireworks. I am working on what I would like to think is a very solid plot, but once again, time and patience are two essential ingredients for writing, and I haven’t yet had the proper time to sit and dwell on the plot much. I am fairly proud of the prologue though, because I worked very hard on it; I do believe that there is room for improvement still.

 So who encourages you to write?

 A lot of things to be honest.

I can’t pinpoint exactly what inspires or encourages me. However, I have been reading classics for quite a long while now, and I kind of use books from authors like Jane Austin, Charles Dickens or Mark Twain and the likes, to kinda give me that push to write, but of course, I am well aware I don’t have that talent or initiative yet to actually produce a work that would match their calibre; I am working on it though. I believe that while some people are born with a skill to write or sing or whatever, it is quite possible to acquire those skills as well; after all I am counting on that. I also take inspiration from music like probably every other author does. Some of my favourite things to listen to while writing would probably be Rob Costlow, Yiruma, Bonobo, Chicane, Radiohead, sometimes Modest Mouse… and sometimes just instrumentals because I find lyrics to be distracting in some situation.

I also tend to draw inspiration from my own life; I have lost some very important people in my life and consequently, death seems to be a very prominent feature in my books; I didn’t realize this at the time I had been writing them though.