Chapter 7 (Tristan)

I'm back!! It feels great but I won't be updating so often anymore. Gradually I'll have to put my story on hold because of exams and stuff. But I'll try my best.

Lawson was AMAZING!! I went for the concert and they sang and it sounded fantastic live and then there was an autograph session and Joel high fived me and it just about made my life. They give me hope that music still lives.

So in my absolute Law-some state, this chapter's song is Die For You, by Lawson. It isn't on their Chapman Square album, but it is just as awesome as all their other songs.

Read! Comment! Vote!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wes' POV

I had to thank Allie for the sick excuse. To say I felt crappy was an absolute understatement. It felt like I'd rolled into a cement mixer, was tumbled round and round for quite a while, then unceremoniously dumped out and run over by a train several times.

I rolled over to my side to check the time on my phone and groaned when my extremely bruised ribs protested. Twelve thirty. Wow, I must have been more tired than I thought.

After Cody and the rest left, Allie pretty much shoved me into the shower with orders to make it a long, hot one. When I came out of the room, fully dressed and ravenous, she somehow had a pot of homemade chicken noodle soup on the stove without a can in sight.

She lied when she said that she was okay at cooking. I downed three bowlfuls of that stuff. And it was the best damn chicken soup I ever had in my life.

She also didn't know, but I managed to sneak in a call to Cole and ask him for the information I needed.

He was reluctant at first but after nearly half an hour of begging and pleading, he eventually agreed to give me a list of properties Baker owned, and a few other items . No ongoing investigation details, no rap sheet. He said he'd send it via email to me. Another thing I asked for was everything on Holly Marshall that he could dig up, which he was far more willing to give.

Had to keep all this stuff under lock and key. Wouldn't want Cole to get in trouble.

I yawned. Judging by the time I woke up, I reckon I slept for around 10 hours.

I stretched, albeit wincing and got out of bed. Well, I have a whole day to myself till Allie comes home. I could start with food.

I grinned when I saw the slip of paper not far from the door. Picking it up, I skimmed over the words she scrawled in a hurry and chuckled to myself. She was too cute.

"Hey.

Decided to let you sleep in. If you wake up before lunch, there's stuff in the fridge, so help yourself. If you don't, then you're lazy. But there's still food so eat.

I'm bringing back homework for you. You're not escaping that for sure. Have fun thinking about how to get back at Holly. Don't enjoy yourself too much, though and don't break anything if you decide to randomly do karate when I'm not around.

Allie.

P.S The car keys are on the hook. I feel sorry for you. Car's yours till I come back because I caught a ride with Hannah today. I will murder you if anything happens to my baby. I mean it."

Alright then. Food, and then strategising.

I sort of hopped into the shower. Okay, more like I tried not to groan every few steps on the way to the shower. Thoroughly clean and deciding to be lazy, I just threw on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt.