Chapter 2 (Wes)

"Leave the crowd, stand apart, ignore your head and follow your heart"~ Anonymous

I just love that quote lol:) And Wes on the side:)

Here's the next chapter of Protection. I love this book, it's so easy to write :) 

Song is The Call by the wonderful Regina Spektor. her voice and the soul she puts into her songs are amazing

Vote! Comment! Enjoy!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wes' POV

"Okay, Wes," Cole skilfully manoeuvred the Audi into a parking bay and stopped the car. I was about to get out but he halted me.

"Wait a second. I've got something for you."

"What?" I asked, impatient. It was almost 12, and we were supposed to be outside the apartment by 12:15, according to Matt and Brandon.

Cole chuckled. " Eager to see the girl you'll be protecting, huh?"

Yes. "Nah." I lifted a shoulder and dropped it. "Just want to be on time."

He looked like he didn't believe me, but dropped the subject and reached behind my seat. Pulling out a black case that was around the length of an A4 paper and probably four inches thick, he gave it to me, carefully. " It's a present."

" Seriously?" I asked disbelievingly, taking it from him with just as much caution. " What's the occasion?"

" You protecting my buddies' sister. You might need this at some point, but I sincerely hope you never have to use it. Go on. Open it."

I opened the case and almost dropped it in shock. A sleek black Smith and Wesson lay in it, complete with five clips and a belt holster.

" It's a semi automatic, made for law enforcement. Each clip contains 18 rounds, so you have around  90 plus bullets to use, not including the clip already inside. 9 millimetre bullets. I assume you've used this model before?"

" Smith and Wesson M&P, 9mm. Yeah. I have used this before." This was the gun I used to set the records for shooting. I had a small pistol of my own, as well as its ankle holster, which were gifts from the Academy for my "excellent achievements". I'd brought it along, just in case. The gun was actually strapped to me now. Never know when Baker might strike, the unpredictable ass. The other firearm, on the other hand. I wanted to get on my own when I was older but apparently, Cole beat me to it.

"Dude, this thing costs way over 500 bucks. It's too much." I protested half heartedly, though I was eager to take it out and go a few rounds.

Cole beamed from ear to ear. "Think of it as your graduation gift. I'm proud of you, Wes. And the fact that two of the most overprotective brothers I know are trusting you with their younger, extremely pretty sister, means a hell of a lot. By the way, you should probably pop that into your backpack before you go into the apartment. Wouldn't want Allie to find out who you really are on your first day, would you?"

" Right. Thanks, man." I said gratefully. This was amazing. I only got a few gifts in my entire life, but this one just about blew most of them out of the water.

" You're welcome, Wes. I'll be dropping in to see you whenever I can, but it won't be often because of what I do. You know how the CIA is. Point is, be a friend to her. Don't give her the bad boy treatment like you so those other girls at Holmes. Allie's different. You'll see that soon enough."

"How come you seem to know so much about her?" He sure didn't talk about her this much before.

"Trust me. Brandon and Matt love talking about her. It's almost sickening to see how doting they are." he rolled his eyes. "But it's easy to understand why."