Chapter 5 (Reagan)

Hi there:) Short Author's note this time. This chapter's song is Secondhand Serenade's By The way. The acoustic version featuring Veronica Ballestrini :D I just love it.

Vote, Comment, ENJOY!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sherlock!" I yelled. That dog had nearly given me a heart attack when he snatched the sandwich from my plate as I was getting a glass of cranberry juice from the fridge. "Hey!" I called.

Sherlock ignore me and dashed round the corner. I started running after him but as I reached the start of the hallway, I saw the end of his tail disappear into Wes' room. Boy, he was fast.

"Hey, boy. What's that?" I heard Wes ask. "You stole her sandwich?"

When I caught up with Sherlock, the canine was sitting happily at Wes' feet chomping away on my after school snack. Wes was playing Landslide on my guitar and quietly singing along to the Fleetwood Mac song, sitting at the edge of his bed.

Surprise, surprise. He played guitar too, though he didn't actually own an instrument of his own. He learned from his roommate and YouTube. Much as I hated to admit it, his playing was almost as good as Brandon's and his singing wasn't that bad either. Was there anything he wasn't good at?

"Yes, he did steal my food." I flopped onto the bed next to him, groaning. "Couldn't you have done something about it?"

Never missing a note, he answered while still plucking the strings, "I'm not about to fight a hundred pound German Shepherd for a sandwich, Allie." He stared at me flatly. "Besides, even if I did succeed in getting the sandwich back, though I doubt I would, do you really want something that's been in a dog's mouth?"

His fingers did a chord progression and he smoothly switched songs to Taylor by Jack Johnson. "I know I wouldn't." he continued.

I sighed. "That's true. But I'm still hungry."

He laughed, getting up and putting my guitar on its stand. "Come on, let's see what your mom has in the fridge."

I followed him out. He opened the fridge and peered inside."Tuna salad, chocolate cake, leftover pasta bake, quiche.."

"Not on the mood for that stuff."

He grinned crookedly. "But you were in the mood for a sandwich?"

"I was. Now I'm hungry but I don't know what to eat." I sighed. "Dumb dog."

"Maybe you should just hang on for a while." he suggested. "When are the gang getting here?"

You heard him. "The Gang." After merely a week, my friends had completely warmed up to him as well. Hannah thought he was sweet, Reagan was impressed with his brains, and the two boys and him got along like a house on fire. None of us could imagine how we would be without him.

Now, it was Wednesday and the whole lot of them would be arriving at around seven.

"But I'm hungry." I grumbled.

"Think about it this way. If you eat now, you'll spoil your appetite and you won't be able to eat the food later. You've got an entire tub of ice cream to finish."

I gave him a half smile. "Well.. When you put it that way.."

"You can still have your cranberry juice though." He slid the glass towards me.

I took a sip. "Are we ordering out?"

"You can cook?" He sounded shocked.

"I'm nowhere near as good as my mom, but I'm pretty decent." I smirked. "Bet you can't cook."