Spiders

Reid would fall into a sort of manic depression if Rowan went missing or was taken hostage.
Rowan would fall into a sort of borderline psychotic break where her world felt like it was crumbling around her. She was driving the team insane.
She hadn't slept in over twenty-four hours, her hair was messy bun, her makeup was drooping, and her voice was cracking. All he had ingested was several cups of coffee that she made herself.
Morgan, JJ, and Spencer were unavailable.
That left herself, Hotch, Rossi, Prentiss, and Penelope.
Penelope had not stopped typing. She would occasionally look up from her computer screen and her and Rowan would share a glance before her resolve seemed to reappear and she would dutifully continue typing.
"Rowan, do you know anything that we can use against your sister?" Hotch asked her.
She thought for several moments. "She's deathly afraid of spiders. Or she used to be." Rowan lifted a shoulder in a shrug.
"We can use that." Emily suggested.
"We put a couple spiders in the room and maybe Spencer can over power her." Rossi continued.
"Let's do this."

The three massive spiders were making Rowan's stomach feel sick.
"Those look disgusting." She managed.
"Don't like spiders, either?" Rossi guessed.
"In Alabama, banana spiders could get the size of your head and their webs would go all the way across yards." Rowan told him. "No one likes spiders down there."
"Quietly," Hotch hissed through thin lips. They watched as SWAT eased the spiders under the crack in the door.
Several moments passed. For a second, Rowan didn't think she was going to see them.
Then there was a scream. "Now!"
The door was kicked open and the FBI agents stormed her.
She had a gun in her hand and when she saw them, it automatically aimed at Spencer.
"You shoot and I'll-" Rowan pulled the trigger.
Genesis's eyes widened on impact and she collapsed to the ground.
Rowan told her she was going to kill her.
"Spencer?" Rowan managed.
He didn't answer, just kind of swayed for a moment before his knees gave out and he fell unconscious.
EMTs whisked him and Morgan away. Rowan followed them.
"What do you mean I can't get on the ambulance?" Rowan demanded angrily. "I'm his wife."
After a moment, the EMT admitted her access.
"We'll have to talk about this later." Hotch told her.
She nodded once. "I know. But not now."
He stepped away as the ambulance doors closed.
"He's going to be okay, right?" Rowan asked.
"He's going to be fine. His blood pressure just bottomed out, that's all."
Rowan snaked her hand through his.
"You, Spencer Reid, will be the death of me."