Missing

The slim chance that the oblivious people that made up the human race would recognize one girl out of place was rapidly slimming.
"Spencer, why don't you get some sleep?" J.J. suggested softly, taking the stack of missing posters from his hands and gently pushing him towards the doors.
"How am I-" He started when J.J. put a gentle hand on his arm.
"The same way we do every other day, alright? Get some rest." He shook his head again.
"You don't get it. She figured it out. She knew, she had it figured out right before he-" Spencer cut himself off.
He couldn't explain his feelings: he had only known her for three hours and thirty seven minutes but they had connected, he had developed feelings.
She was the exact same.
"Hey, guys!" Garcia called frantically. Reid, J.J., Hotch, and Prentiss fit inside the room deemed Penelope's. The computer was lit up, a picture of a younger girl with happiness etched into her smile lines and a man- presumably her father- who seemed to be forcing the smile. The title read, FAMILY HOUSE CATCHES FIRE. Spencer read quickly: Rowan had two siblings. An older brother and a younger sister. Both were unharmed by the fire, but the father was killed.
"So she's orphaned. What does this have to do with finding her?" Spencer asked. Penelope clicked the mouse a few times.
"Well, I was doing my research and there was a face- he um, he's the one that took her. There was a camera on the back of the morgue and the M.E. handed her off to a man and this is him." Penelope told them.
"Her father has her?" Hotch demanded.
"Is that bad?" J.J. asked.
"When she mentioned her father she got really pale." Spencer told them.
"Her father's body was never found in the house. He was a child molester and convicted for seven accounts of mole station and rape... To his eldest daughter." Spencer felt sick.
"So he came back for what was his?" JJ filled in.
"I'm going to kill him."
"Reid, if I find you unfit for this, I can and will take you off this case. Don't disappoint me." Hotch said coldly.
"He wouldn't take me off the case, would he?" He asked Morgan. Morgan lifted a shoulder in a shrug.
"You know I don't know how Hotch works." And then all that was left in the room was Penelope and Reid.

Rowan hadn't eaten in two days. Easy, sure, but her shoulder ached and all of her wished she could just die. But he wouldn't let he die. He never let her just die.
The cellphone was agonizingly just out of reach of the paralyzed doctor. She had just managed to scrunch her nose, and her fingers could move a little bit if she focused.
There was a clatter as he came down the stairs, probably the shutters opening and permitting him inside this personal hell.
"Rowan. Haven't ran away, have you?" He taunted. She managed to turn her head away from him.
"I've brought another treat." What he called a treat was in actuality the very drug that stripped Rowan and all those other women of their own body. It was like a slap in the face.
"What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?" He asked as he neared her. She managed a weak groan and he laughed.
"I forgot what you sounded like. Let's do this instead..." the needle jammed into her leg and she winced. "Only a half a dose today. It'll kill you slower."
All those women were building up to when he had her.
She missed Spencer.
During the worst part of his extensive torturing, she imagined Spencer's soft words of comfort.
The FBI never came to save her before, though. What would change now?

"Do we have any type of lead, Garcia?" Spencer asked, closing his eyes for a moment. Not even sugary coffee could wake him out of his sleep. He was lounging in a chair inside her office.
"Yes. Hotch is checking something out right now but I'm not supposed to tell you." Penelope realized what she said and let out a curse under her breath. His eyes shot open.
"Garcia! This could be life or death!" He reminded her.
"Exactly why you're staying here. He's worried about you. Morgan is, too, and they all agreed you should stay put."
Spencer groaned.
"I can't just sit her all day. I've got to do something." Penelope rolled her eyes.
"Well, then, read a book." Spencer sat back down and began reading.
"Slower!" Penelope instructed as Reid began to read his maximum of 20,000 words per minute.
"I don't read slow." He snapped back, irritated.
"You'd better." Penelope resumed to clack contentedly on the keyboard.
"Garcia? What happens when-"
"No. They're going to find her, alright? Don't be so pouty, Pretty Boy. You'll get your future wife back."