Complications

"Rowan." Spencer whispered in her ear. She rolled over to face him, although her eyes remained closed.
"I'm tired, Spencer." She moaned.
"I know." He kissed the tip of her nose. "But we have work."
"I don't want to go to work." She managed.
"Garcia just called. It's an emergency. You can sleep on the plane." He poked her in the side and she rolled the other way.
"I'll already be awake by then. I didn't sleep last night." She told him.
"Why?" Spencer asked.
"Nightmares." She admitted, finally opening her eyes. She turned her head towards him.
"I told you to wake me up next time." He sat up on his elbows. The sheets moved to expose his chest.
"Yeah, and you're cute when you're sleeping. I couldn't wake you up." She lifted a shoulder in a shrug.
He reached for her, gently turning her over. Her skin was feverish.
"Are you sick?" He demanded.
"Vitamin deficiency, I believe." She corrected, arching her back so her lips met his.
"Vitamin deficiency?" He questioned, breaking the kiss.
"Yeah." She lied. She knew her own body. Something was far worse that a vitamin deficiency.
Her phone rang as she made him quit asking questions by kissing him again.
"This is Rowan Reid." Rowan answered the phone.
"Mrs. Reid, this is Doctor Bowden's office. Whilst you were in the emergency center, we ran several blood tests. It seems you have an auto-immune disorder known as lupus anticoagulation. We've some bad news for you. It seems your disorder has attacked your liver and kidneys. We need you to come in immediately for extensive testing."
Rowan's blood ran cold. She felt her heart slam in her chest and she stumbled to her feet, ignoring the sheets falling around her and ignoring the extremely cold air she was exposed to.
"What?" She demanded.
Auto-immune disorders produce an over abundant amount of antibodies to fight off sickness. Except the over abundant amount attacks the immune system. This results in excessive blood clotting, increased risks in seizures, strokes, and heart failure. The particular Lupus strand causes severe joint pain.
"I'm sorry, Mrs. Reid. We have an appointment for three o'clock today." The line went dead.
"Rowan?" Spencer stood, looking at her worriedly.
"I have Lupus." His eyes grew confused.
"You can get through that. People with Lupus live normal lives-"
"Spencer, you don't find Lupus until you're forty years or older. You don't find it in twenty-two year olds unless it is extremely advanced. It's attacking my liver and kidneys." Rowan finally felt the tears start to flood down her face.
She was terrified.
Spencer pulled her to him, resting his chin on her head.
"We'll get through this." She looked up at him.
"Spence, I haven't told you." She was crying quietly now.
"You haven't told me what?" Spencer asked softly, tucking her hair behind her ear.
"Lupus affects pregnancy and causes miscarriages." Her voice broke.
"I know this." Spencer kissed her forehead. "It doesn't always, though. You can take medication and shots to help the baby." He was calm.
For a genius, he was stupid.
"I'm pregnant, Spencer."