Staying

"Spencer?" The voice pulled him out of an uneasy sleep, forcing him to pry open his eyes. It was the first word Rowan had said in the two days she had been admitted to the hospital. Spencer sat up, taking her hand in his.
"Hey." He managed weakly. She said nothing, just reached for her glasses with her free hand. After putting them on her face, she almost managed to smile.
"I missed you." Rowan said, then quickly tried to recover. "All of you. The entire team." After Spencer let out a laugh she cursed under her breath. "Stupid narcotics." She glanced at the IV feeding the drugs to her blood stream.
"Don't worry, Rowan. I missed you, too." He told her to wait one moment before he pulled out his phone and dialed Hotchner, telling him she was awake.
"So now everyone's going to come and see me? I feel like I should be happy." Spencer laughed as she said this, shaking his head at her honesty.
"They must have me so drugged right now. I wouldn't say that normally." She looked down at their interlocked hands and sounded like she was going to say something else but didn't.
"You know whatever you say won't hurt me, right? I know what that look is. You're hiding something." Reid pressed. She looked up at him and opened her mouth to tell him when there was a knock on the door.
"Miss Reaves? How are you feeling?" The doctor walked in.
"I'm fine. I can go home, now, right?" She asked hopefully. The doctor chuckled and checked her file.
"No, I'm sorry, you can't go home right. It will be a few more days. You were dying." He told her.
"But I'm not now. And I'll be with a doctor." She said, then the tips of her ears went red. "At work. I'll be with a doctor at work. Because we work together. Take me off these medications!" She snapped. Spencer couldn't hide the smile that was forcing its way to his lips. "Furthermore, I am a doctor!" She seemed to realize.
"And you're still very sick. I'm sorry, Miss Reaves." Rowan's head hit the pillow deafeatedly.
"Don't worry." Spencer said as the doctor left. "I won't leave." Rowan looked at him hopefully.
"But what about work? They can't go without your brain." She couldn't let him stay with her. God knows what she would tell him if she didn't have control over her mouth anymore.
"They'll be fine. And I'm not leaving you in the hosptial alone." She shook her head again.
"You wouldn't do this for anyone else." She fought.
"Rowan, you aren't anyone else!" She stopped talking and he seemed flustered. "I'm staying with you and that's final." There was another knock on the door and Morgan's entrance was met with a groan.
"Oh, it's you. I thought it was someone else." Rowan said.
"Everyone else is on their way. I'm just faster." He smiled.
"You broke the limit seven times!" Penelope staggered in behind him.
"The lights were on. It was an emergency. Pretty Girl woke up." Rowan blushed at the nickname and cleared her throat.
"Sorry we made him drive fast, Garcia." Rowan voiced, tugging on a lock of hair absentmindedly. Morgan glanced towards their hands and started to grin.
"Hey, Pretty Boy, I gotta word for you." Rowan watched the two step outside and Penelope sat down with a huff.
"Men." She crossed her arms.
"Did you tell her?" Morgan questioned.
"No. I haven't- she just woke up. I..." Reid trailed off.
"You don't want to tell her." Morgan filled in.
"Not right now. She's still sick, Morgan. The doctors are debating on whether her immune system is going to start working again. I can't tell her that! They said that she could never leave here." Reid stopped himself as he realized his voice was rising. Morgan's arms were crossed over his chest.
"I know, I know. Just... don't lie to her."
Rowan smiled slightly as the two came back inside, but then her eyes started to slide shut.
"They've got to put her to sleep or she doesn't go." Reid told Penelope, who was frightened by her sudden change in heartbeat.
"Is she going to make it?" Penelope asked. She was answered with the entrance of the rest of the team, who groaned to find her asleep. J.J. had a bouquet of flowers in her hands.
"Alright, back to work. Are you staying?" Hotchner asked Reid. Reid looked back at Rowan and gave a final nod.
"Yeah. I'm staying."