Chapter 32 : Betrayal

Start from the beginning

"Congratulations!" Mia said hugging me.

I walked through the crowd trying to get Langston, being hugged by everyone left and right. When I finally got over to Langston, we hugged and kissed.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I punched him lightly.

"It was a surprise" he said smiling.

As we were talking and laughing i saw a couple of his friends coming over to us. It was Tye, Freddy and Rob. I never really liked any of them but I always keep my mouth shut.

"AYEEEEEEEEE" Tye said really loud.

"Wassup yo!" Langston said giving him then the rest of them handshakes.

"Taliah!" I heard someone yell from across the room.

I turned around to see Tiara.

"I'll be back." I said to Langston.

"Alright babe" he said before giving me a quick peck on the lips.

I managed to get through the millions of people to get to her.

"What's good!" I said throwing my hands up and laughing

"Same old. Same old." She laughing too then giving me a hug.

"Where's Jaz?" I asked.

"She went to Philly for the week."

"Oh alright. C'mon.." I said "the whole crew is over here.. We're gonna start shooting again soon."

We squeezed through the people to over where Alisa, Mia, Julian, and DayDay were.

"Ms. Neil," the director said tapping my shoulder. "I need you in make-up."

"Alright" i said following her back upstairs to the station where I sat down and quickly got my make-up redone. Well mainly just my eyeshadow and mascara.

"The next scene is the dancing scene. I want you and your friends to do a little battle, like in House Party. Then I want you and Langston to dance together so we can get a couple of shots for the hook."

"Okay," I said as the make-up lady finished my mascara "he knows what to do right?"

"Yeah.. We're gonna start shooting again in a few"

"Got it."

I walked back downstairs to find something to drink. I walked through the crowd to the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of water and downed it. I went back out front to get ready. I rolled up the sleeves on my flannel shirt and let out a soft sigh as I waited for the director to yell action again. A huge circle started forming as the director positioned people for the next scene. I was a few feet away from Langston and everybody else, but i could hear their entire conversation.

"How much you wanna bet this nigga Langston didn't go through with the bet."

"Bet?" I mumbled. I moved in closer to the circle to listen.

"Man, shut up. My girl right over there."

"Oh my bad, but you ducked the question. Ha. You hit again yet? You got money on the line nigga."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, Langston is playing me. I can't listen to this shit anymore.

"Excuse me." I said dryly as I squeezed through the people in front of me to get to the center of the circle.

I felt Langston grab my wrist. He spun me around and wrapped his has arms around my waist. He pulled me close to the point where I could feel him breathing on my cheek.

"Let me go." I said moving his hands, only to have him tighten his grip.

"What's wrong?"

"Just let me go." I said struggling.

He tightened his grip even more.

"I said let me go!" I said pushing him hard. He looked at me surprisingly.

I looked around as everyone turned their attention to us. I felt a little embarrassed, so I ran out towards the backyard near the pool with Langston trailing behind me.

"Taliah.."

"What!?" I turned around angrily trying to fight back tears.

"What is wrong with you?"

"I heard everything you said! Why? Why did you do it!?" I yelled as I felt my nostrils flare.

He looked at me and said nothing. The silence was killing me. I rolled my eyes and turned back towards the pool.

"Look at me." He said grabbing my arm and turning me around.

"How could you make a bet on me?" I asked feeling the tears form in my eyes. "Did you even mean everything you said about loving me?"

"Of course."

"Then why'd you go through with that stupid bet!?"

"I-I..." He said stumbling over his words.

"I don't even know why I bother." I said folding my arms. "My dad was right.. You're nothing but trouble."

I brushed pass him, entering the house again only to have people in the kitchen and living stare at me as I walked through the entire place. I felt tears roll down my cheeks as I ran upstairs to the make-up station. I sat down in my chair and looked in the mirror, seeing mascara running all down my face. I grabbed a tissue and wiped away the mess on my face.

"Knock Knock.." Alisa said as she walked in with Mia and Tiara. "You okay?"

"No.." I replied. "He said he wouldn't hurt me."

I let out a huge sigh as I continued to try to wipe all the smeared mascara off my face.

"Taliah.." Mia said stepping through the doorway. "I wanted to tell you. But.. I couldn't"

"What?" I said turning to face them. "You knew about this?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't have the heart to tell you."

I stood up and shook my head in disbelief.

"So you would rather me find out myself and get heartbroken, instead of you telling me and avoiding all this bullshit!?"

"I said I was sorry."

"This is all YOUR fault!" I said walking closer to her, getting ready to swing.

I looked at all of them, examining their facial expressions, then brushing it off.

"You know what.. I'm out of here."

I swiftly squeezed through them and went downstairs then outside. I just walked, not even knowing exactly where I was going. I honestly didn't care where I was going, I really wanted to just get away; away from everything.