Chapter One

Hello, this is the author. Before you read this, please understand that I started this back when I was 14 and in middle school, and I am 16 now. I know that there are going to be mistakes in this fan fiction and that the grammar most likely will not make a bit of sense. Also, if you happen to be on the website of Quotev, I do have an account there as well. And this story happens to be posted there too. Another thing is, I am still writing this story. So as it goes on hopefully my grammar and spelling will start to make more sense and the story line I getting better. In the future though, when I'm finished with this book is to come back and edit it.
Have fun reading,
Wynter

----

Fire is everywhere. Burning down every last memory. Ash fell down around me, burning my skin and clothes. I ran down stairs clutching my journal and locket in my hands. I trip half war down the stairs, tumbling the rest of the way down.

I scream for my life as the stairs cave in. Sirens! I look up in time to see a firefighter pull me from the fire.

Once outside I frantically start to look around for my mother and father. No! They are not here. No! They will make it, I tell myself, they will ma-two screams fill the air. I froze. One last scream, silence. No! They can't be. No! I give out a shrill wail/scream for both their lives. I am alone. I wail/scream again.

Footsteps pound in my ears, and I hear a door burst open. I fell my whole body is shaking. I can't control it. Something grabs my shoulders, I let out an ear splitting scream. It's hard to tell what's reality or not. My shoulders are almost immediately released, and I semi relax. The footsteps fall away from where I lay. Silence, wait no, I hear whispering. Where am I?

I tried to open my eyes, it hurts really bad. I tried again, Success! My eyes open to dimly lit room. I try to sit up-AH-never mind. I look down at myself laying in a...bed!?! Bruises. No, that means that it really did happen. A tear slides down my face. I look down at my arms, again. Burns. Burns cover my arms from wrist to shoulder. It still hurts, in both places. My physical self, and emotional self. I let out a small whimper.

The room around me is huge! I observe the room has five doors, a small couch, a flat screen t.v., a stone fireplace, beanbag chairs, and teal flower string lights hanging on the wall. I look over to the couch realizing someone is sitting there. I open my mouth to call out, but not a sound comes out. I put my whole will into it, and let out small muffled sound. The person looks over in my direction. I blink. Footsteps pound in my ear as the person walks over to me.

"Hello. I see you are awake." he said.

"Um....Who are you?" I say weakly in a small voice.

I feel the bed sink in near my feet, I look down to the foot of the bed. The man is sitting there looks very wealthy. He has black hair, brown eyes, and is wearing a nice blue shirt and slacks.

"My name is Bruce Wayne. You will be staying here until a family member of yours if found. Ok?"

I nod. He Bruce seems satisfied with that for an answer.

"Bella" it comes out more like a question.

"What?" he looks at me puzzled.

"Arabella Kari Jay"

"Is that your name?"

I nod, again. Not feeling like talking, I look away from Bruce up to the ceiling. The bed shifts as I feel Bruce get up. I look over and watch him walk to the door. He pauses then turns to look at me.

"I will notify Alfred that you are awake. You must be hungry." Bruce says then walks out the door.

It closes with a click. I struggle to sit up in bed, again. I manage to sit up, pain shoots through my whole body. Mostly my arms and ribs. I-ow-need-ow-to-ow-resituate-ow. Okay much better, it still hurts but it is tolerable. I hear birds chirping outside, I look over and out the glass balcony doors to see a beautiful mockingbird sitting singing it's beautiful song to the world.

"Beautiful aren't they." a voice said.

I nearly jump out of my skin. I look to where the voice had come from. An older man wearing a butler suit is caring a silver tray over to me. he looks nice. But...I don't feel like talking, much.

"I am sorry if I startled you. I am Alfred, butler and family friend to the Wayne's. I have prepared you a meal if you are hungry. If you need anything just let me know, Miss..." he trailed off.

"Arabella." I answer.

"Miss Arabella. I will set the food here on the table. Do you need anything else?" he asked as he set the silver tray with food on it down.

"Um...where is everything..." I look to all the doors as I trail off.

"I am guessing that you do not talk much," I nod, "Well..."

The next fifteen minutes is him going around my room, yes my, showing me everything and where it all leads to. Turns out I have my own bathroom, library/study, balcony, a walk in closet, and a door that leads to the hall. It's all just wow. I thank Alfred and he leaves me to rest. I get out of bed and make my way to the closet. There is enough clothes and shoes in here to where an outfit everyday for three years! I pull my thoughts together and pick an outfit out. I make my way to the bathroom. I lock the door and turn on the shower. I strip and get in. The warm water feels good, and I wash all of the soot off of me. I smell like roses! Not even joking! I turn the shower off and get out to dry off. Once I dry off I change into something simple. I walk out of the bathroom over to my bed. I pick up the silver tray off the nightstand and walk it over to the couch. I sit and eat everything that Alfred fixed for me, well except for the chicken. I am a vegetarian. I sit and watch the news till I notice it is getting late outside. I change into some pajamas and get in bed. I drift off to sleep before I can think of anything about the day.

A month has gone by and I keep having that same dream/nightmare. It terrifies my. I think everyday that life is worth giving up on if I can't be with my mother and father. I wear my locket everyday so I have them by my heart but it isn't the same. They need to be hear here with me. I know I have Bruce and Alfred, but they aren't family. Life just sucks. I snap out of my thoughts as I hear Alfred say 'checkmate'. We where playing chess, well more like he was trying to teach me. Good now that our game ended maybe I can ask him my question. You see about after lunch I go out and sit on my balcony to draw or sing, but lately I have been seeing this boy about my age running through the yard being chased by a black dog. I have never heard of there being another person here except for Bruce, Alfred, and I. But too I have never left m room. Alfred starts to get up since he has put the game away, but I hold my hand up and motion for him to sit back down. He does.

"Yes Miss Bella?" that's my nickname.

"Well you see....um..." I'm still not that great at talking to people.

"Miss Bella?"

"Who is that other kid that gets chased around by a big black dog in the yard after lunch?" I blurt.

"Oh. Well you see that is young master Damian. He is Bruce's son. You have never met because Neither Bruce or I have told him about you. And you stay in your room all the time so you would not meet master Damian." He says nonchalantly.

"Oh." I say and look down.

"Now I must leave. I have things to attend to." with that he gets up and leaves.

I have gotten used to being alone. And it just being us three. Now I have to talk to another person. Great! Why can't I just give up on life! And why does it hate me! I flop on the couch! Time for a nap...