Tell me

They were all looking at me, but I turned to Pan with pleading eyes. He got the picture, "Out." He said. Neither his mom or Valery argued.

"Tell me." He said as he took my hand. Immediately I felt more at ease.

"Last year I was at Valery's, I started have the worst pain in my abdomen. Henry rushed me to the hospital, and I started bleeding. By the time we got to the hospital it was too late. They couldn't explain it, they still can't. All they know is I started to bleed, and there was a wound in my uterus. Like a knife had been stabbed into me, under my skin." I was crying by the time I was done speaking.

Pan enveloped me into his arms. "Fuck." He said. "I'm so sorry."

"You don't have to be sorry. It's not your fault." I said.

"Go get yourself cleaned up and I'll make us breakfast." He said. I stepped away from him.

"Is there a bathroom closer than all the way up stairs?" I said practically praying that there was.

Pan smiled and took my hand leading me through a kitchen area and down a hallway stopping in front of a door, he then kissed the top of my head, leaving me at the door.

•••••

Pan's POV

I left Venus at the bathroom and went to the kitchen, my mom was sitting at the isle.

"What was that?" She asked in a level tone.

I cleared my throat, to spare some time to think of my options. And I decided the best was to tell her.

"She can't have kids. At least not safely." I said. It didn't bother me as much as I think Venus was scared it would. We would figure something out.

"I figured by the way she reacted. Why is she here anyway? Last time we talked you said she didn't know anything." She wondered.

"Yesterday when I was attacked she became sick. The same way wolves feel their mates get hurt in an emotional way, she felt physically." I said, leaning against the counter.

"Why can't she have kids?" She asked still wondering out loud.

I told her what Venus told me. And suddenly I saw a lightbulb come on over her head.

"Remember that rouge pack that attacked you and stabbed you in the stomach?" She said as more a statement.

It was my turn to have a lightbulb. "But I didn't even know Venus then." I sighed. I heard footsteps coming down the hall and gave my mom a pointed look. She put her hands the air then clasped then back on the counter.

•••••

Venus's POV

I walked into the kitchen where Pan stood talking to his mother. I gave her a smile when she looked at me. She smiled back at me and patted the seat beside her, I took it gratefully.

Pan started working on breakfast, he glided around the kitchen like his feet never touched the ground. I couldn't help but watch him.

His mother started to giggle beside me. I turned to look at her, tearing my eyes from Pan. "The bond for you is so physical. Who were your parents?"

"I don't know who my mother was. My dad's last name is Saga." I said turning back to Pan who had his back to us frying something or another.

"I've only ever seen one other human who was mated with a wolf." Pan turned to give her a sharp look. I looked back and forth between them.

"What? Why is that so important?" I asked not sure if I wanted the answer.

"Nothing." His mother sighed.

"More secrets?" I exclaimed looking right at Pan.

He pulled what he was frying of the burner and looked at me. "No but there is a time and place."

"Time and place? No there isn't, not in this situation. We're going to all be family soon! And I need to know that I'm safe." I finished.

"The human mate didn't survive. She rejected him from the start and it slowly killed her." Pan said after a long moment.

He looked so conflicted when he told me that I believed him. I went to him and wrapped my arms around him, instantly he relaxed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to upset you. But that was honestly better than what I was imagining." I said into his chest.

He kissed the top of my head. "You don't have to be sorry for something like that." Pan let go of me and I went back to my seat while he went back to cooking.

His mother was smiling at me. "I'm so glad that he finally found you." She said and put her hand over mine and squeezed.

I smiled at her. "We haven't been able to introduce ourselves properly. My name is Venus Saga, but you probably already knew that." I said sheepishly.

She still had a smile on her face. "Call me mom. Luna is soon to be your title."