A Great Show!

I stood in the ring with John Cena and we were pretending to talk as Dolph Ziggler walked down to the ring with AJ Lee. It was going to be pretty easy for me to whoop her ass tonight, seeing as how she was one of the divas that I never met yet. So at least we won’t have a relationship that I’ll have to worry about.

They waltzed into the ring and they stood on the opposite side of us. Their music ended and Dolph started in the ring, which meant so did John. I watched from the turnbuckle as John went after Dolph, getting taken down right away in the match.

I wanted to get in the ring so badly. John was getting his ass kicked to start off this match, and I wanted to help my partner. He was so close to tagging me a couple times, but each time Dolph pulled him back into the middle of the ring. I riled the crowd up a few times with the CENA chant. It didn’t help much, but it was definitely making the match more entertaining.

John finally knocked down Dolph in the middle of the ring, and he crawled over to our corner. I stretched my arm out as far as it would go, and finally he tagged me.

I hopped through the rope as AJ climbed into the ring by default. I jumped at her and immediately took her down. I laid a couple of my signature moves on her as if I was wrestling a few years ago. It was a lot easier than I thought.

I went in for the pin a few times but was unsuccessful, and then I tried a submission move. I had her down, and she was about ready to tap out when Dolph came in and kicked me in the stomach. John took him out over the top rope, but then music played and someone stepped out onto the ramp.

Without realizing it, AJ came up behind me and she took me down hard. She pinned me like the script said she was supposed to.

John crawled back in the ring and helped me to my feet. He put his arm on my lower back to help me stand, and then I saw that Randy was just outside the ring.

Randy crawled into the ring with a microphone in his hand, and he smiled at me slyly. Then he looked at John. But from behind him, Eve was running down the ramp behind him. “So…Gem’s back,” Randy announced. The crowd cheered. They chanted my name. They loved me!

John reached over and grabbed a microphone off of the mat beside us. “Why are you out here Randy?”

“Well John, I just wanted to see if the rumor was true.”

“What rumors?”

“You know, the rumor that Gem was really back. Leave it to you to bring a washed up superstar back.”

As the crowd booed what Randy was saying, I grabbed the microphone out of John’s hand. I smiled at Randy as I told him off. “You know Randy, despite what you say about me, I could still kick your ass after 3 years of a vacation.”

He scoffed at me. “I would really like to take that challenge Gem. I mean, I wouldn’t even need to lay a hand on you and I could still beat you.”

I nodded at him. “Alright then Randy, how about we make an officially match for next week or something?”

He scoffed again. “You’re on Gem. Oh and, make sure you bring John. Because I’m sure he would love to see his best friend beat up his girlfriend.”

My jaw didn’t really drop in front of the audience, but in my mind it was visiting hell, all the way in the center of the earth. Did I just get called John Cena’s girlfriend on national television?

John turned me to face him. I must’ve zoned out, because Randy and AJ were already at the top of the ramp. “Gem, you’re crazy!”

“I am not John! After all, Randy’s a little bitch. He always has been and he always will be. It’s time that this ‘washed up’ superstar puts him in his place like I did three years ago.” The crowd cheered my words as I climbed out of the ring.

We walked up the ramp and backstage.

John grabbed my arm as I was walking back to the locker room. “Gem you know you have to fight him now right?”

I smirked. “I know.”

“You mean you really wanna fight him?”

“John, I’m a girl. He’s not really gonna kick my ass.”

He scoffed…AT ME! “Gem, Randy is Randy. He doesn’t care about women. You said it yourself after everything went down between you two.”

I shook my head. “I know, I know. But after what happened, I wanna finally kick his ass for what he did to me.”

John shook his head and chuckled. He nodded at me and then walked away. I turned around and continued to walk back to the women’s locker room. A lot of the divas were starting to leave as I got closer.

I held the door open as more women filed out of the locker room. Melina waved at me as she followed Maryse out the door. When I could finally get in, I walked to my area and I pulled out my purse. I quickly grabbed my phone and I texted Jake.

HEY, WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO MEET YOU?

I set the phone down on the bench as I got out my towel and soap. I started unlacing my wrestling boots when my phone buzzed.

YOU LOOKED GREAT TONIGHT GEM. ALEX ABSOLUTELY HAD A BLAST. WE ARE HANGING OUT BY THE SECURITY GUARDS, IF THAT HELPS.

I smiled. That wasn’t specific at all, but I did know where he was talking about. He was on the lower level near the only stairs that connected the backstage area, to the arena itself.

I WILL BE RIGHT UP <3

I laced my boots back up as I put the phone back in my purse, and shoved it back into my locker. I put the towel on top of the bag and then I put the soap on top. I fixed my hair and then I walked out of the locker room. I headed for the stairs, which were practically on the other side of the arena.

I climbed the stairs slowly, being as exhausted as I was, and I met Jake just outside the stairwell. The security guard smiled at me, and I smiled back at them, “it’s okay guys, these two are with me.” The guards smiled and nodded at Jake.

We walked into the stairwell and I picked Alex up into my arms. “Hey Honey! How did you like the show?”

Alex started slurring a whole bunch of stuff that I couldn’t understand, but I could understand that he had an awesome time, and he enjoyed everything.

I hugged him close as we got down to the bottom of the stairs. I looked at Jake as we walked out the door into the backstage place. “What about you Jake? How did you like it?”

“Well, I could’ve done without hearing you being called someone else’s girlfriend, but I have to say, it was awesome. Alex had a great time.”

I smiled at him. “Did Alex eat anything tonight?”

“Yeah I bought him some chicken nuggets before the show started. Then a few drinks here and there.”

“That’s good.” We walked around for a little as Alex pointed out some of the superstars.

We continued to walk around, saying hi to the superstars and letting Alex spend a little time with them. But then we got to one person who made me nervous to be around with my son. I bet you can guess who that was.

“Mommy, Mommy, it’s Wandy Owton!”

My smile faded as Randy locked a smile with…our son.