Foreshadowed

I sat there on the sofa in the women’s locker room. The TV was currently broadcasting Melina’s match. It was really awkward in here right now, mainly because I was surrounded by a lot of “new” divas that I didn’t know. I mean, I’ve watched them on TV, but I haven’t met them yet.

I was patiently waiting for John Cena to come and get me for our match.

Just then there was a knock on the door, and I eagerly got up and walked over. I slowly opened the door with a smile on my face. The jitters were starting to get to me.

I stared at the person standing in the doorway, and I stared at the large WWE Championship Belt across his shoulder. My smile faded, and so did his. I couldn’t believe who I saw.

~~Randy’s POV~~

Eve better be ready. I want to leave early for our date.

The hallway was somewhat dim. Dimmer than usual…. I couldn’t help but notice the flickering light above my head as I stood in front of the women’s locker room, and frankly it was starting to piss me off.

I knocked on the door like I normally did. No one answered right away. Was there anyone in there? Just then the door slowly opened, and a charming smile slid across my face.

I lost all happiness as I stared into the woman who opened the door.

My jaw dropped immediately, and so did hers. But then I shook my head and regained my charming complexion, not willing to lose anything else to her. “How are you Gem?”

She stuttered, and I felt accomplished. “I-Uh-I mean,” then she shook her head. “Randy…wow! You’re the…Champion…wow! I mean, hi Randy.”

I chuckled at her stupidity and shook my head. But for some reason, my smile was becoming more and more real. “I didn’t think I would ever see you here ever again.”

She nodded. “Well, I was invited to Jason’s retirement party tonight Randy. And I was asked to wrestle with John.”

“Cena?” I asked stupidly. Of course. They were always good friends.

“Uh yeah. I’m part of the main event tonight. Isn’t that great?”

Yeah that is! I shook away my thought. “I can’t believe what this company is coming to. Having a washed up diva headlining Monday Night RAW. We must really be desperate for ratings.”

He smile faded, and I knew I pissed her off. “What the hell is that supposed to mean Randy?”

“Well, if you ask me, they shouldn’t be using washed up divas like yourself to try and raise the ratings. They should be making more matches with the WWE Champion.” I adjusted the belt on my shoulder and finally remembered why I was there in the first place. “Is Eve in there?”

Gem didn’t stop looking at me for a few seconds. She must really be marveled by how far I’ve come since we had a thing a few years ago. I don’t think I’ve had a relationship like that since her, but I don’t really care.

Finally she turned around to look. “No, she’s not in here.”

“Alright,” I said quickly. I turned around and walked back down the hallway.

“Randy!” I heard her call after me, and I stopped. I slowly turned around to face her peeking out of the women’s locker room. “It was nice seeing you again after all this time.”

I chuckled to myself. I knew she would miss me.

“And it’s great to see that you’re still a giant asshole.” Her head disappeared back into the locker room and I continued walking. I’m not an asshole…she’s just a bitch.

I turned the corner and saw John Cena jogging down the hall. He smiled and nodded at me. I continued walking without giving him any sort of acknowledgement. He probably had something to do with bringing Gem back into this place.

~~Gem’s POV~~

I slowly closed the door…not really realizing what just happened. I can’t believe that Randy was still that much of an asshole to me. I started walking back to the sofa I had been lounging on for a while when I saw someone coming out of the shower from the back of the locker room. It was Eve. I didn’t think she was really in here…but then again, I haven’t been paying much attention. She smiled at me, and I smiled back.

I just sat down when there was another pound on the door. I got up, keeping my calm. I opened the door to see John standing there trying to catch his breath.

“Hey, are you ready? We’re on in a couple minutes. Sorry I’m kinda late. I got caught up in something.”

I nodded and smiled at his foolishness. “Yeah, let’s go.”

He stared at me with a confused, yet all-knowing look on his face. “What’s wrong?”

I shook my head as I pushed him so I could get out the door. “Nothing John, everything’s fine.”

He grabbed my arm and stopped me in my place. “I can see right through you Gem. Now tell me.”

I sighed. “Randy showed up a couple minutes ago.”

He nodded. “I kinda figured it had something to do with that. I saw him walking this way as I was jogging towards the door. Anyway, let’s get going.” He started jogging back down the hallway towards the main stage area, and I followed quickly and closely behind him.

The stage manager stood just behind the curtain with his headset fashioned tightly to his head, observing what was currently going on in the ring. He turned around and nodded at John after we came to a walk behind him.

“Alright John, you’re aware of the script changes correct?”

John nodded.

“Script changes?” I asked.

John turned to look at me. “Yeah. Didn’t you get a text about it?”

I shook my head.

“Oh shoot, that’s right. You don’t get those anymore.” He placed his hands on his hips and thought for a second. “Alright, well this is what’s going to happen. While we’re out there in the middle of our match, there’s going to be some kind of interruption. I haven’t been informed who or what the interruption is, but it’s all going to be improvised.”

I nodded. These kind of script changes were really common, at least from what I remember.

Melina pushed through the curtain, nearly running into me. “Hey girl!” She hugged me before she continued walking past me.

John put his arm around me. “Look, everything is going to be okay tonight. You’re gonna do fine!”

I smiled up at him. “You know, I’m not nervous at all.”

Jokingly seeming upset, he took his arm back and put it down to his side. His music started up and he jumped up and down a few times before he settled down. When it got to the main part of his music, he ran out through the curtain, with me following right behind him.

I couldn’t believe the crowd when I came out. I haven’t heard a roar like that in so many years. It felt good being the center of attention once again. I stood with John, and I saluted with him like he did, and we ran side by side and slid under the ring. Tonight was going to be an amazing night…I hope.