Chapter 52 *Edited*

Courtney's POV

~~5 days later~~

Today was Millie's funeral. I wore a black dress that went just above my knee, dark grey tights, and black converse.

The Pack was all dressed in black suits and when we got into the car, I immediately started crying.

"Why?" I ask, sobbing into Rob's chest.

He hugged me, rubbing my back. "Shh, I know it's hard, Courtney. But Millie will look over us. She wouldn't want you to be depressed over this. Think of all your amazing memories with Millie, and treasure them, okay?

And when we were at the funeral, you know what made me mad. The fact that her bullies showed up.

I stomped over to them and said, "How dare you. You make me sick. I hope you
live with the guilt of having killed someone. And I can't believe you had the nerve to come. You disgust me."

Then I walk back to my seat. Halfway through, I'm called up to speak.

"S-so, I actually have a song. Millie had just started it and I decided to finish it for her. It's called Are You Proud."

(Song: Are You Proud?By Chloe Wilders)

As I sing the song, Millie's bullies lower their heads with shame. They knew what they did was wrong, but they didn't stop early enough. I could never look at those people again, knowing what they did to Millie. At the end of the song, everyone claps and I finish my speech about Millie, tearing up multiple times. I walk off the stage and Vikk gives me another hug, also crying.

"You did great." He spoke quietly, and we walked outside to join the rest of the pack.