Chapter 9

Courtney's POV

I wake up and get changed into skinny jeans, black converse and a posh hoodie. Then I put my brown and red hair in a ponytail.

I walk downstairs and grab a muffin. Nobody was up yet. I look at the time, 7:03.

Oh that's why. I don't wake up till 7:30 and I usually leave the house at 8:20.

I turn on the TV and watch House Hunters. Then Lachlan, Rob and Millie come downstairs.

Once it's time to leave I grab my bright red backpack and start my walk to school.

To be honest, I'm a little nervous. Those boys sounded like they were gonna bully me.

I hope not. But I won't tell Millie, don't want her getting worried for nothing.

We arrive at school and I go to my locker to get my books. I'm about to start walking towards homeroom when someone stops me against the lockers.

It was one of the boys from yesterday. "Football field after school. Bring no one. Got it!?" He says.

I just nod my head and continue my walk to homeroom. They probably won't even be there. I sit next to Bree and Crystal who look at me concerned.

Guess I should tell them. I tell them the whole story and they look worried.

"Ok... so the girls are Britt and Jade. The guys are Eric, Ben and Max. They're probably the meanest people in 7th grade. Earlier this year, Ben choked a kid in gym class just because he didn't score in soccer."

I nod my head and class starts. What did I get myself into.

//Time Skip to After School//

I put all my stuff in my backpack and start my journey towards the football field.

Then I see Millie walk up to me. "Where Ya going?" She asks me.

"I'm gonna go check out the new clubs." I lie.

She just looks at me and says, "Ok, well I'll tell the Pack that you'll be gone."

Then she walks off. Well at least she didn't suspect anything.

I walk towards the football field and see the boys on the bleachers. Max is tan with army cut brown hair and brown eyes. He's on track and field, baseball and soccer.

Ben is short but uses his words powerfully for what I've heard from Bree. He's a redhead and has brown eyes. He's on the baseball and basketball team.

Eric is blond with brown eyes and is on the football( American football),soccer, basketball and lacrosse team.

I walk towards them slowly and they notice me. They walk towards me and say, "Look we don't want to be mean. In fact we only do it because of the girls. So if they're around we have to bully you. Sorry." Eric says.

Then I see the girls out of the corner of my eye. Max has a face full of regret and then he punches me in the gut.

I crumple to the ground and curl up in a ball. "Loser, idiot!" Ben screams. You can hear he doesn't mean it and it's paining him to say it.

They kick me and then leave me. I get up and zip up my hoodie. Then I walk/limp home.

I hold the doorknob and slowly twist it open. When I open the door see

nobody.

I walk upstairs but stop when I hear a voice. "How was the clubs?" Vikk asks from the bottom of the stairs.

The whole pack was there. "Uh... It was good." I lie.

"C'mon we know your lying tell us what's going on." Rob says.

"Nothing's going on. I have to go do my homework." I say and run up the stairs to my room.

I finish my homework and record a micro battle. Then I edit and upload it.

I relax in my chair and toil about how to cover up that I'm being bullied.

The whole pack and Millie know something's up. I just need to hide it.

But how...

I look over at the corner of my room where my guitar is. I always think better when I play or listen to music.

I start strumming and think of a song to play to get my mind off things. I just strum the acoustics to a little too much.

Then an idea came to me. It would be perfect.

I would pretend that I had art club everyday after school. So if they bully me the pack and Millie won't suspect a thing. She knows I love to draw.

I hope this works.