Gone Mental-Part 3

Raven couldn't bare to tell Nightwing about the bracelet, knowing Slade, he possibly could've put a camera somewhere to watch her so she would finish his little assignment. She didn't want to lie to him, but she couldn't risk killing herself and having no one protect Nightwing.

There was a small pause before he finally realized the shock that overflowed throughout her. "Raven? Are you okay?" He asked sincerely, while using his hand to cup her cheek. She slowly nodded then looked up to him with wide, amethyst eyes. He nodded while a small smile formed itself onto his face.

"Yeah, no really. I'm fine. Um, Nightwing...would you like to....um....visit my uh..." She couldn't bring herself to do this to him. She didn't want to see him hurt, but what if Slade came forcibly and took him away from her. At least if she showed him the way she could be close enough to save him.
She waved away the idea then hopped out of bed to start the day. "Never mind, I'll just be in the bathroom getting ready." She concluded while walking towards the door and faking a smile. He knew it was useless to ask her what's wrong even though he knew it was obvious, but he didn't want to start another fight so he left it alone.

"Okay, I'll be making breakfast." Nightwing stated as he forced himself to leave. He made his way to the fridge, grabbing two eggs and fresh blueberries, followed by the other ingredients he would need in order to make pancakes. After thirty minutes of preparation and standing over a hot stove he finally finished making a perfect stack of golden brown blueberry pancakes.

He went to the fridge again as he heard that Raven had started to blow dry her hair, thinking it will give him at least another fifteen minutes to make scrambled eggs and bacon, but as he opened the egg carton there were none left. "Dang it, I guess I'll have to go out later today..." He whispered to himself.

"Go out for what?" Raven asked, scaring the noodles out of him, "I forgot she had powers..." He breathed out holding his hand over his chest because of the mini heart attack he endured. She looked at him a little confused then her eyes trailed off to the stack of pancakes, her mouth started to water as she grabbed one and stuffed it in her mouth.

"Thhenftse aryrrse dsaeliscious." She tried to say but it only sounded like gibberish because of the pancake. He was completely dumbfounded and lost. She chewed her food and cleared her mouth and repeated "These are delicious!"

"They better be, I used up all the eggs trying to make them." He said showing her the empty carton. She realized why he needed to go out. "Don't worry, on my way home from the therapist I'll buy some." She said trying to make sure he stayed inside as much as possible. She didn't want to but she knew she'd have to pay Slade an extra visit to explain why he wanted Nightwing so badly, also to try and find clues as to how to remove the bracelet.

"How about we go together? We haven't been out in a while." He suggested finally throwing away the carton and walking towards her. "No, no. Its fine. Plus the faster I get home the longer we can spend the day together. Plus we fight crime at night most of the time so you need your rest." She stated as she pushed him towards the couch to sleep.

"But I just got up..." He explained trying to stop her by holding his feet firmly on the ground.

"I know but, just...stay....put....for now..." She insisted while grabbing her car keys and rushing out the door after kissing him goodbye.

In no more than fifteen minutes she was already back at the tainted buidling. She rushed towards the room he was in last time, the assistant didn't even bother to warn Slade or stop Raven. Seeing as the assistant was never real in the first place, but a beautifully built robot that he had designed specially.

"The jigs up Slade" Raven said entering the room and slamming the door shut behind her. "Well that was a bit of a boring entrance for a hero, don't ya think." He mocked having a bored expression.

"What did you expext? Me arriving in a limo, shouting 'Hoopla!' While having mini fireworks in my shiny hat!?" She explained, shaking her hands in a sarcastic excited motion. "That actually sounds pretty nice." He said, sounding intrigued, then stood up from his chair. "What brings you here? Gave up already?" He added already knowing the answer.

"No...Yes...No." She exclaimed, she couldn't give in, but how can she get rid of Slade before Nightwing finds out. "Well?" He asked, walking a circle around her then backing her into a wall. She wanted to use her powers on him so badly and just poof him out of existence from this realm, but that would be suicide.

She thought about doing it the old fashion way and just beating the snot out of him, but then again he could still zap her. 'Worth a shot.' She pondered as she took a deep breathe then took a fighting stance. Nightwing had taught her some self defence incase he was not around to protect her, hopefully they'll work on Slade.

She elbowed Slade in the stomach then did a round house kick making him drop to the floor. She went in for the finish, wanting to pick him up and throw him to the wall, but knew her small figure couldn't handle that. She grabbed a small lamp from near by to use to knock him out, but before she could reach him he propped himself up and used the bracelet to shock her.

"Did you seriously think it would be that easy?" He inquired.

--------------------------------

A/N; Ello! I'm sorry I have not updated this story in SUCH a long time. And this is barely the end of this mini series in the supposedly "one shot" book. I wasn't sure whether to make the chapter extra long or make it interesting by leaving cliff hangers, and the cliff hangers won overral. Plus I knew if I didn't do this today it probably wouldn't come out in the next couple of days, seeing as school is just around the corner. Oh, and can you guys please tell me if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes? I kinda rushed on it and never got to revising it on my laptop, thanks.

Please comment and vote so the next chapter can be posted ASAP. Thanks again for your patience, and read on! Byee