Gone Mental

Warning the following one shot is long, but who ever said the shorter the better. ;)

     The Teen Titans split up a few years back, going their own separate ways. Beast Boy found a girlfriend and a new apartment. Cyborg stayed at the Titans tower and found a job owning a multi-billionaire company selling hover cars, and Starfire went back to her home planet to become queen.

  Raven and Robin, now known as Nightwing, stayed in Jumpcity as hero's. They are now a family living in a small apartment as a engaged couple.

  Raven had been having a recurring dream, it was about Trigon coming back and consuming her with complete darkness, until she lost complete control of herself. Forcing her to kill everyone she loved, including Nightwing. She woke up today even more paranoid then usual, "Raven are you sure you're 100% okay? Cause' if you aren't then we need to get you to the hospital right now." Nightwing asked covered in the sheets and sitting up to face her.

  "Yeah, I'm perfectly okay." Raven said, she knew she was lying, but felt she had no other choice. She didn't want him to stop loving her, and if he did stay she didn't want him to have that burden. After a while of him constantly asking her if she's okay she noticed a bit of darkness slip into the doorway, probably her imagination. Although, it stained the walls like black blood dripping from the door knob onto the white carpet as it made it's way to her. Her eyes eyed the door to confirm her suspicions, Nightwing noticed her actions.

  "No, you're not." He replied as he got out of bed, his unmasked eyes watched her as he went to her side of the bed and carried her bridal style. "I've known you way to long to not know when you're lying...plus we have a bond." He said as he walked towards the door, each step Raven trembled as she didn't want Trigon to await on the other side.

  Nightwing noticed this again as he stopped, "Don't tell me you're afraid if the door." He deadpanned, jokingly. She glared knifes at him as she heard his smart comment. "Its not the door. Its what on the other side of the door..." She clarified as he slowly peered towards the door again and saw nothing strange.

  He couldn't say anything smart about her statement, Raven could have easily sensed an intruder but he would have not thought her to be afraid of one intruder because of their lifestyle as hero's, being always surrounded by evil. He looked back to Raven, he could easily feel all the hostility and tension in her aura because of their bond. "Rae, tell me what's wrong." He asked once more, his eyes pleading to her.

  She almost teared up at how much she knew she was troubling him with this, her mind flooded with depressing thoughts, as she was now free to feel emotions now. "Robin..." She cried as he slightly felt nostalgic at the forgotten name. He went back to the bed and set her down as he climbed in as well and cuddled with her.

  "You know I love you, but please. Let me try and fix it first before I tell you. Please, Robin." She slowly said as she held on tight to Nightwing's broad figure.

  He flinched, once again, at the old nickname. Although he was mostly bothered by the fact that Raven seemed to not trust him enough to share each others problems, how she didn't want his help, how he felt useless. Their bond strongly conveyed each others feelings to one another but he agreed to her proposition.

------------------------------

  The next day Raven had visited the doctor, she told him about her recurring dreams, obviously leaving out the part about Trigon, but explained how it caused her to lose sleep and have hallucinations. He suggested that her lifestyle might have been taking a toll on her mental health even thought she wasn't your average human.