Control is Key

Topic: Control, Night Out

# of Words: 1211

Obviously fighting and saving everyone's life had to come with a little reward. In this case the Teen Titans ventured out into the city as normal teenagers, not superheros.

"What movie should we go see?" Beast Boy asked wanting to see a comedy. "I would like to partake in the watching of a scary movie." Starfire informed.

Everyone else pitched in ideas but the genre that had won by a land slide was Horror. Everyone hopped in the T-car, even Robin, abandoning his R-cycle. They made their way to the mall hoping to find lots of horror movies to choose from.

About fifteen minutes later they made it to the mall and into the movie theatre. "The only scary movies playing right now is Unfriended and Insidious 3." Cyborg said a little bummed there wasn't a lot of choices.

"I guess we'll just have to make due with what we have." Robin suggested. Everyone seemed thrilled about watching a scary movie for once and not a romantic-comedy for compromise, except Raven and Beast Boy. Although, she didn't really participate when it comes to fear, doesn't mean she's completely invincible.

They made purchases for five tickets, two large pop-corns, three medium sodas, and two boxes of candy. Raven looked upon her ticket making sure they were headed to the correct room. Studio 10. Everyone entered.

The movie was already over half way through the trailers with about five minutes left. They sat at the sixth row to the top, getting a great view. The order of seats was; Cyborg, Beast Boy, Starfire, Robin, then Raven (left to right).

"Anyone else think this is a bad idea and we should just bale while we can?" Raven suggested in her usual monotonous voice. "Aww, guys. I think Raven is scared." The Changeling had mocked.

"That's very funny but I don't think you'll be able to make jokes like that when I rip out you're tongue!" Raven spat back, gaining a little expression in her voice.

"Please friends, do the calming of the down. You will have time to do to the ripping of the tongues later when we have finished the movie." Starfire informed, trying to calm the two before they got kicked out even though the movie barely started.

"Starfire is right! Y'all can argue later let's just enjoy our night off." Robin agreed, followed by Cyborg agreeing to. Raven gave BB the evil eye but decided it would be best to keep her feelings on lock down for just this night.

The movie had proceeded to start, the beginning was confusing almost. It showed the screen of someone's computer, like what a hacker would see when breaking into another's computer without ever leaving the comfort of their home.

Towards the middle of the movie that's when things started to get intense. Raven wanted to latch onto something, but on the other side of her was an empty seat which gathered dust. Although the other side was taken by Robin, she could either risk the embarrassing torment of Robin bragging about her being scared or avoid it all together.

She thought it best to avoid it, but without noticing her hands had already latched onto his bicep, squeezing it yet he made no comment. The movie showed the death of another victim, one which was played out in a...gruesome manor.

"Its OK Raven, this is only a movie." Robin tried to comfort her, moving his hand to hold hers but Starfire had taken him away from her. 'Figures' Raven thought, its like she never stood a chance to Starfire.

Meanwhile, you could hear screams of the crowd echo on and off because of the sudden jump scares. Two rows in front of them a couple had grasped onto each other like as if they could be taken at any moment. While there were teenage guys pretending not to be scared but it was obvious they were.

Raven was envious, even if they were scared they had each other, something she did not have. Her comfort buddy was taken away by her supposedly 'best friend' but she couldn't do anything about it because Raven knew how much Starfire liked Robin.

Those thoughts occupied her mind of how she could never be good enough for him that she didn't even realize the hands creeping up behind her. Inching closer and closer, her empathy shut off so she didn't feel the burning aura rushing towards her.
Until...they grasped onto her shoulders and shaked the daylights out of her. Raven screamed so loud that her emotions went haywire. The screen that was displaying the movie had now burst into flames.

People were running around thinking it was the movie coming to life, others just didn't want to die in a fire. Beast Boy laughed continuously behind her, It was him.

She turned around, her eyes turning into four red slits. Her cape rose, black energy that formed the shape of hands had risen from the darkness and tried to strangle the shape-shifter.

Raven did not hesitate to hurt BB, but the other teammates did hesitate trying to get her off of him because of her current state. Once again hands had lunged forward around her, but this time it was not a childish prank but a heroic act.

"Raven! Control yourself!" A hoarse voice beamed, trying not to suffocate from the smoke of the fire. "Get...Off!" She said sending the disembodied voice flying across the room.

Moments later you could hear a swoosh like as if something had been opened, Robin's staff. He used his staff to richoet himself off the wall by running across then flying back to where he started. Starfire and Cyborg tried to get the civilians out of the theatre as fast as possible.

Raven continued to fight with The Challenging even if half of the ceiling now laid across the floor and the seats were melted to a crisp.

Once again Robin tried to detach her from BB before she could kill him. He grabbed at her waist once more and did the same routine as last time
"Raven! Control yourself! That's an order." He said with a more stern, demanding voice.

The fires had calmed, the once four eyed girl was now back to her pale unemotionally self, and Beast Boy stayed as far away as possible. "Oooh Robin..." Cyborg commented on their position, wriggling his right eyebrow.

His body laid on top of her, while their sweaty bodies rhythmically moved together with each breath.

Robin's face flashed a bright red but his mask covered most of it, he got up, helping her as well. He was about to walk away when Raven called for him.

"I'm sorry..." He began, but before he could finish she lunged her arms around his neck and kissed him with great passion. She slowly pulled back, with crmison spread across her face, "Thanks for uh..the assistance. Sorry for almost killing you though." Raven said a little to casually.

Before he could reply Raven opened a portal and quickly teleported to the tower to avoid embarrassment. Leaving the team speechless in the black debris that was once a movie theatre.