It's Love...But It's Not Mine

Topic: Pain. Control.

# of Words: 756

Ravens P.O.V.

I peeked my head through the hallways, hoping to avoid Beast Boy. Luckily no soul was present, I could sense it. I stepped one foot into the dark hallway then made my way towards the kitchen. I was just about to make it out when I felt two auras coming towards me.

Cyborg. Beast Boy.

I chanted my mantra silently then used my magic to hide me in the shadows. I heard giggles and chuckles, but they weren't childish, they were girly and the other was cocky.

Ugh, Robin and Starfire. I should have known.

"Oh Robin, you are the honey to my bee. Well, I'm not quite sure what that expression means but I heard the woman at the mall say it." Starfire stated while making a fool of herself, but in the cutesy, charming way. Robin chuckled once more.

Raven felt goosebumps throughout her body when she heard the echo of his cocky laugh. It triggered an impulse in her, her powers took control and broke a lightbulb. Making the lighting seem dimmer.

Starefire jolted back in fear, Robin wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Don't worry, I'm you're bee remember? I'll protect you." Robin said, he didn't want to tell her but he knew the reason why the mood had suddenly changed. He could feel her, their bond, her pain.

Raven teleported herself back into her room not being able to handle the torture anymore. She forced herself to read books and scarf down three cups of coffee to keep her awake. Around 1am she heard a knock on her door.

'Now who's stupid enough to stay up this late.' She thought to herself then realized she did exactly what she was ranting about. "Raven, open up its me." He said knocking once more but obviously tried not to wake the others.

She tested his patience, knowing full well who it was and wanted to see how long he could last before he finally gives up. Eventually about three minutes later Robin types in the override code and let's himself in.

"Well you're no fun." Raven said playfully, this was odd behavior for her. She saw him look over and see the three empty mugs of coffee.

Robin's P.O.V.

Raven was acting strange. I looked over my shoulder to see three empty mugs of coffee. The caffeine must be affecting her, she is more of a tea person after all. "Raven, we need to talk." I said wanting to see if that'll catch her attention on a more serious note.

Instead of behaving like she was full of energy, Raven seemed more like a drunk teenager. "About what? Can't you see I'm busy." She answered me then pointed towards the stacks of books laying on the floor yet she didn't have not one in hand.

"Yeah...sure you are." I replied while walking towards her. She didn't seem phased when I reached down my arms to carry her bridal style, I liked this odd feeling when our body heat met. Snap out of it, you're with Starfire.

"Hey Robin?" She replied after finally calming down, I turned towards her when I laid her across the bed, "Stay with me? Just for tonight." She asked. I pondered this, stay with Raven or go to Starfire and explain why fireworks aren't people attacking earth and are just used for celebrations. The answer was obvious.

"Yeah, okay." I said after a moment. She was already sound asleep, I laid down beside her even though she didn't realize that she didn't need me anymore. She shifted and moved her head upon my chest. It felt...normal, comfortable. Natural. Why do I feel this way?

I looked at her relaxed expression then smiled, she seemed happy and less worried when she was sleeping. Or it could be the caffiene wearing off. Either way I liked it.

I felt the urge to, so I did. I bent my head down a little to kiss her forehead goodnight, but she shifted once more. This time her head tilted up and our lips met each other. We were kissing.
I haven't even kissed Star since we started dating, but when I kissed Raven I didn't even so much as flinch.

Obviously Raven would wake up having no memory of what happened but I would, and I would tease her everyday about it until I finally get the courage to say I love you.