Sand Castles

Today was one of the Titans free days, no crime alerts, no rushing out of the tower, no polices vehicles wailing their sirens. Nope, just the fresh open air as the warm water brushed up against Beast Boy's and Cyborg's toes at the tip of the shore. Starfire hovering over the water unsure of how to take in this "fascinating" sight.

Robin charged full throttle into the water as the waves slowly pulled him back into the shore and he struggled to pull back. Raven, unsure of how she got here in the first place, sat underneath an umbrella with a book in hand. She would never say it but she was enjoying herself, although she wasn't quite enjoying the two piece bathing suit they made her wear, but at least it was black.

Everyone else soon joined Robin in the water, unable to watch him have all the fun without them. They all splashed water on each other, Beast Boy often turned into a fish to make diving easier, while Starfire was finding sea shells just beneath the warm sand she stood upon. Raven, still reading.

Robin pulled out of the water, they didn't have to worry about roaring storms of fans or paparazzi because they were on the secluded, far side of the beach. Perfect for teens like them to be themselves.

He noticed the book in Raven's hand as he tsked, "Raven why don't you get in the water with us?" She simply turned the page, to caught up in the story plot to notice him.

He frowned, he knew he wouldn't be getting anywhere whiling bickering with her like an old couple, it was already hard enough to make her come here in the first place. The corner of his mouth curled into a grin as he thought of a way to catch Raven's attention.

He pretended to walk towards the center of the beach to grab some food, but while he was behind Raven he grabbed a fistful of sand and chucked it at her. Raven didn't flinch, but rather looked up towards the ocean. She used her black magic to pick up a tons worth of sand behind her and waited for Robin to plead for mercy. "What the heck was I thinking..." He muttered under his breath as he saw the mountain of sand waiting to be one with his face.

Raven grinned slightly before standing up and facing him, with each step towards Robin the giant ball of sand got closer as well, as if obeying orders. Until the sand was inches away from his face and Raven was a few feet away from him. She smiled slightly again then with a wave of a finger the sand dropped to the ground, so did Robin as relief overflowed his body.

Robin was still a bit agitated but he looked at the sand curiously. Raven was confused, she thought that she had him but instead he seemed...intrigued.

"You know Rae, thanks to your perfectly placed sand I think I could do something with this." He told her, she twitched at the sound of her nickname. He ran towards the shore, filling a bucket with water, then ran back. He grabbed a second bucket and ran across the beach to find sea shells. Raven kind of understood what he was doing, so she used a searching spell to find all of the shells in their area, she even managed to catch a hermit crab.

Robin became ecstatic like a child, he grabbed them from their black containers floating in the air and placed the bones he liked in the bucket, one of them wasn't a actual shell but an old antique necklace with a shell like stone for the jewel. He also grabbed it.

He ran back towards the sand again and started to build a sturdy platform, "Care to join?" Robin asked her knowing he'd need some help. She shrugged and sat down beside him, "If it's a sand castle you want I can make it in seconds, no need to waist energy." Raven asked forgetting the whole concept of having fun while raising her right hand, prepared.

"No, no, don't do that." He said as he waved her idea away, and lowered her arm. "We're going to make the best sand castle ever made in history! But no magic." He said getting a little full of himself in the process. Raven looked at him with lowered eyebrows, trying to figure out why he'd waist his time doing that but didn't argue.

Eventually, they began building the castle, it was as tall as 5 ft 9" which was around Robin's height. They had one main castle and two guard posts in front, even a wall protecting the kingdom then a moat surrounding it. The only problem they had was trying to put the finishing details like; windows, doors, etc.

"Raven...I need you to...use magic.. " Robin asked whispering the last bit. She heard him well but pretended not to, putting her hand to her ear to indicate him to repeat it. "I need you to use magic!" He said louder, almost shouting. She gave a small smile while saying "my pleasure", with a wave of her hand and a her three special words the castle was complete in a mere three seconds.

"Heyyy this actually looks Nobel prize worthy." Robin complemented them, over exaggerating. She gave him this flat look then used her dark magic to make the sand castle a pile of sand again. Robin was angry and confused, "Whyyyyyy! What has this castle ever done to you!" He whined on his knees, cupping the pile of sand, while fake tears snuck their way in his masked eyes.

She smiled, while chuckling, then turned the sand pile into their original castle. Robin's frown soon turned upside down as he saw their beloved castle again. "Thanks Rae, I will give you this necklace as a token of my appreciation." Robin said handing her the peach necklace he found earlier. She was stunned but accepted his gift, while he was jumping in glory for their returned castle.

Soon after the Titans went home, everyone taking a shower then hitting the bed. Raven woke up around 3 am for a cup of tea, unable to sleep. When she reached the kitchen she saw Beast Boy stuffing his face with tofu.

She proceeded to the counter grabbing her favorite black mug Cyborg gave her. "Hey Rae, what's that around your neck?" Beast Boy said pointing to the peach shell necklace taking place on her chest.

Once she was finished preparing her tea she answered, "Its nothing, and don't call me Rae!" She ventured off to her room while pulling her hood up to hide her crimson soaked cheeks.