Chapter 21

i’ve decided today that i don’t want to make a sequel to this, because i want to write a different fan fiction, so i’m probs gonna end this at chapter 25 maybe? im not for sure! so i’ll keep you updated

enjoy <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(November 13, SC; Maddie’s POV)

“C’mon Maggie. Absolutely nobody will ever see us again, scars don’t matter for us anymore.” I said for the third time in the last five minutes. Both of us have scars that show, and I want her to be more confident. Those are scars that show what she got past. We’ll never see anybody ever again, so it won’t matter.

“Fine. But you cannot leave me. Promise” She said, poking her head out the door frame. I looked down at my own scars, and traced each of them with the tip of my finger. The little bumps gave me goosebumps, they’re so old and I’ve come so far since the last time. Self harm is just so easy. Easy to start, and easy to relapse into.

“Promise I won’t leave your side.” I put my swimming cover over top my bikini and put on flip flops and sunglasses. I watched Maggie walk out into the room and look in the mirror. I moved to stand next to her and look at our past that was so clearly written on our bodies.

“How long has it been for you?” She asked.

“Ehm, about 5 months. I stopped with your help. What about you?” I asked. I ran a finger of a scar that I made on accident. I had a razor in my hand to open a box and it came back too far and scratched my leg. Relapse is a bitch. Even on accident, it still gets you.

“10 months. Jesus. It’s been so hard lately, you’re the one who’s stopped me. Even without you knowing I wanted to. You’re just there for me, and that’s all I need.” I looked over at Maggie with tear filled eyes. We’re each other’s rock.

“You’ll always be my best friend, okay? I know I have Lilly, but she doesn’t understand me to that extent.” I nodded and wrapped my arms around her. We stood there for a while before we decided we needed to go to the beach before we’re in uncontrollable sobs and it gets all girls’ nighty.

(Maggie’s POV)

I do not get it. All of these girls are so confident and running around with their friends and not giving a care what anybody around here thinks. I wish I could be like that. Run around laughing, and looking at all of the boys fawning over my body. Instead, Maddie and I are tanning out on the beach having to listen to the stupid whispers. People here in America are heartless. Don’t they know we can hear?

“Hey, you’re the girl from this magazine.” I sat up and was sat facing a girl who was around my age with her friend and a magazine in her hand with a phone in the other.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“You’re in this magazine right here. Maggie and Maddie, right? You’re intertwined with One Direction.” The other girl said as if it was obvious. One of the girls with medium-ish brown hair looked a bit off, probably because she could sense I wanted to scream at them.