Chapter 21; Free at Last

I woke up gasping for air, I was sweaty and the blankets were tangled around me. Griffin was laying beside me propped up on his elbow, he was watching me with a concerned look on his face.

"Shh, it's okay Kylie. It was just a bad dream." He said smoothing my hair. I nodded and cuddled into his chest. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked

"It was when I broke up with Him." I said, Griffin nodded. He kissed my forehead.

"I love you." The words tumbled out of my mouth but I knew they were true. I loved Griffin, I loved him with all my heart. Griffin looked at me, he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. His lips were warm and soft, I was drowning in the care and affection that poured from them. He rested his head against mine, "I love you too."

--------------------------------------------------

I woke for the second time much more relaxed. Griffin was beside me, his arms around my waist. He was staring at the ceiling, his face relaxed and happy. When I buried my face into the crook in his neck he smoothed down my hair with his hand then started tracing patterns on my back. We stayed like this for a while before we agreed to start making some breakfast. We changed out of our pajamas and just as Griffin was about to open our door to the living room he paused. He turned around and smiled at me.

"I love you." He whispered then opened the door. I smiled and followed him through whispering an "I love you too." In his ear as I walked to the kitchen. I pulled out bacon and eggs and orange juice and started heating a frying pan. I had just finished cooking the scrambled eggs when the phone rang. I slid them into three plates that already had strips of bacon as Griffin answered the phone.

"Hello? Yes it is how can I help you? Really! Thank you so much. I'll let her know." He hung up the phon and turned to me a huge smile on his face.

"They got him. Chris has been arrested." A smiled and jumped into Griffins arms he spun my around and kissed my silly. He finally set me down and Cody looked up groggily from the couch.

"What's going on?" He groaned

"Chris has been arrested." Griffin repeated earning a shout of joy from Cody before he snuggles back into his blankets.

"I made breakfast." I said setting the plates on the breakfast bar. Cody was off the couch and sitting in front of a plate before I finished my sentence. We laughed and chatted as we ate. Life was finally back to normal and I was free from Chris forever.

--------------------------------------------------

Change of plans guys! I'm not doing an alternate ending but there will be an epilogue. Thank you guys so much for supporting me it really means a lot! I'm hoping we can get this book to 400 reads by the time I publish the epilogue!

Thanks again and don't forget to keep commenting and voting! It really helps!

See you soon then
Brynn