Chapter 7; Good Morning Sleepy

Just for you deenasaurousrex ;)

----------------------------------------------------

The early morning sun woke me up, it filtered through my thin, light blue curtains in my room. I smiled, then noticed something else, was that...bacon?! I got out of bed and opened my door, I then screamed and covered my eyes.

"Put a shirt on!" I yelled at Griffin who was standing with his bare back to me at the stove. I assumed he was cooking bacon and eggs, by the smell of it. I heard him chuckle.

"The only clothes I have are from last night, and I really didn't feel like wearing dirty clothes. I made you breakfast." he said, I peeked through my fingers, he had two plates on the counter and was sliding an egg and a pice of bacon on to each. I had to admit, Giffin without a shirt wasn't all that bad. I uncovered my face and walked cautiously towards the food.

"Did you poison it?" I asked and he laughed.

"What do you think I am? A crazed murderer or something?" He said and I blushed remembering what I had thought last night.

"Well...I don't know, it's valid, you could be." I answered pulling up two chairs and grabbing cutlery. Griffin smiled and sat down. I handed him a fork and began to eat my breakfast. A few bites in I turned to Griffin,

"This is really good!" I said, he smiled,

"Don't worry, the poison will wear off soon." he said and I paused in my eating. Griffin started in a fit of laughter.

"That was not funny!" I yelled at him, he managed to control his laughs and looked over at me smiling.

"I'm sorry, it wasn't" he said, smile still plastered on his face. I couldn't help but laugh. We spent the rest of breakfast describing what he would do if he poisoned me, where he would hide the body, how he would hide from the police. When we finished, I had started the zombie apocalypse and Griffin was the last human alive.

"Then I would eat your brain." I said my stomach starting to hurt from laughing so much.

"Mmm, no I think I could chop of your head before you ate me." He said. "You don't look very fast" he said assessing me. I scoffed,

"I could out run you any day." I said.

"Alright let's make a deal. I have to get my bags from my friends house still. I'll show you the way and you run there. I'll time you." He said holding out his hand for me to shake.

"Deal." I said and shook his hand.

"Alright, do you have a map?" He asked I nodded and stood up walking over to my bookshelf, Griffin followed.

"Wow, you have a lot of books." he said from behind me.

"The Hobbit. What on earth is a Hobbit?" He said and I groaned.

"Right, I forgot about your complete lack of nerdyness." I said pulling out the map book and The Hobbit.

"Here read it while I'm gone. I think you'll like it." I said, Griffin reached for the book but I pulled back a little.

"If you harm this book at all you will pay for it, with you life." I warned him.

"Got it, book is more important then my existence." He said carefully taking the book from me. I stood up and walked over to the counter top, laying the map out on the surface.

"Okay, so where is his house?" I asked, Griffin pointed at a spot on the map.

"Here." He said and I looked up at him,

"Are you kidding me. That's like, a million miles away from here!" I said slapping his shoulder, Griffin laughed.

"Well, not a million miles, but yeah, a fair distance." He said still snickering.

"I can't run that! It'll take me forever!" I complained.

"I wasn't acctually expecting you to run this Kylie. I was just kidding, but you are coming with me." He explained smiling still enjoying the prank.

"Come on, let's go grab my stuff." He said and walked toward the front door. I followed him and raised my eyebrows when he opened the door for me and bowed when I passed.

"Chivalry isn't dead yet Kylie." Griffin said walking past me to his car where he, agian opened the door. I paused and cleared my throat just outside the door.

"Oh, sorry." Griffin said holding out a hand, I took it and climbed into the car laughing, Griffin walked around the nose of the car and slid in beside me smiling, he started the car and started driving. After a while we pulled up infront of a slightly run down house. Griffin stepped out and walked over to open my door.

"So this is his house?" I asked trying to hide the slight bit of caution in my voice. The places reminded me of where scary clowns with 'free candy' would hide out.

"It's not exactly a palace but it kept us dry." He answered just as a tall, lanky, tattoo covered guy stepped out of the front door his face was badly bruised and his nose looked broken.

"I warned you Griffin! If you ever came back here I would kill you!" The man shouted angrily.