Chapter 18; Hero

It felt like days later but it was probably only a few hours. The door on my right creaked open to reveal Elijah, he looked over his shoulder before quietly closing the door. He the sneaked over to me, he gently pulled of the duct tape.

"What the hell-" I started but Elijah put his hand over my mouth.

"Quiet." He said, then walked over to the other door and unlocked then opened it. A man tumbled out, sandy brown hair, lanky, Cody.

"What is going on!" I whispered harshly at the two men.

"We're getting you out of here." Cody said smiling at me and hugging Elijah. "I have some... unusual contacts as you may have noticed" he gestured to Elijah "and I set up a deal." Cody walked over and started untying the duct tape ropes around my wrists and ankles.

"Well, he's getting you out of here. Remember Cody, Chris can't see me helping you, if he does, I'm dead." Elijah said, Cody nodded.

"I know, and you'll get the package sometime next week." Cody said helped me up from the chair.

"What package? And where's Griffin?" I asked confused by everything that was happening. Neither of them answered. Cody looked over at Elijah,

"You ready?" He asked, Elijah nodded bracing himself. Cody's fist came around and I heard a crunch where it met Elijah's nose. Holding back a gasp of surprise I followed Cody out the left door. The door lead into a warehouse, there were steel shelves with metal sheets and rods on them along with crates and boxes of various items. Cody threaded through the shelving until he stopped at an empty shelf.

"I hope you can climb." He said pointing towards a small window at the top of the metal structure. Griffin's face appeared at the window and my heart swelled. I gripped the shelving and began pulling myself up. I focused on Griffin and not the cold hard cement floor beneath me, if I could make it to him, I would be safe. I only slipped once but Cody's hand came up to my waist to steady me. Finally I reached Griffin, just as a door flew open and a crashing sound came from where Cody and I had just escaped from.

"I know you're here you little bitch!" Chris's voice resonated through the abandoned building. Echoing footsteps sounded around us and Chris came into view. He spotted us and let out a shout of rage.

"Hurry Kylie, come on!" Cody's voice came from below me. I pulled my self through the window frame and into Griffin's arms. He picked me up and spun me around, burying his face into my shoulder.

"Kylie." He whispered hugging me close, his lips found mine and he kissed me with a sense of urgency. Lound clanging broke our moment. It was Chris, he was starting to climb the shelving. Cody slipped through the window and the three of us ran for it. Griffin led us to his car, we all climbed in and he drove off, back home.

--------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter but I just want to let you guys know that there will be two endings to this book, I'll post the first one normally, and the second ending will be posted right after with the chapter title as "Alternate Ending"

Hope you guys are enjoying the book as much as I am!
Brynn