Chapter 16; Returning

I stayed at the house a few more days for the funeral before I had to return home. I hugged my mom and whispered goodbye. I caught Chris's eye as I pulled back, he smiled but gave no hint as to hugging me. I smiled back,

"I'll take good care of her." He said, I nodded and kissed my mom once more before leaving.

----------------------------------------------------

Pulling up to my house on the beach calmed me immediately, I hadn't lived here for long but it was already home to me. Just like what was waiting for me in the door way. Griffin stood there happiness on his face holding Kasey's collar as she stuggled to say hi to me. I bent down and clapped my hands, Griffin let her go and she can running at me. Kasey assaulted me with licks and tail wagging as I scratched and petted her. She smiled her doggy smile and I heard Griffin laugh. I straightened and walked over to him,

"Welcome back to your Hobbit Hole." He said pulling a book out from behind his back. My eyes widened as I looked up at him,

"You finished it?" I asked and he nodded,

"The movies too." He said and I wrapped my arms around him and he hugged me spinning me in circles. "I missed you." He said and kissed my cheek. Kasey barked and he set me down laughing. Griffin took my hand and led me inside. I pulled my suitcase along with me but he grabbed it and put it in my room for me. I sat at a bar stool and Griffin leaned on the counter across from me. I can't believe how much I missed him considering we were still kinda fighting when I left.

"Your dad...?" Griffin asked and my heart squeezed, tears coming to my eyes. A shaky breath escaped my lips and Griffin took my hand and kissed it.

"Stay there." He said then turned and started making what looked like tea. He buzzed around the house going from the kitchen to the living room and I watched him trying to hold myself together. When he was done he took both of my hands in his and led me to the couch.

"Sit." he ordered, and I did. Griffin handed my a steaming cup of peppermint tea and pressed play on the movie he had set up. After a few moments into the commercials I looked over at him, eyebrows raised.

"Are you sure?" I asked, Griffin placed a sensitive kiss on my lips and snuggled me into his chest.

"For you? Anything." He whispered as the opening scenes of The Notebook began.

After the movie was over neither of us got up, we just stayed where we were, perfectly comfortable. Griffin had his shirt on the carpet beside us because it had gotten too wet with my and surprisingly, his tears. I had my head on his chest and was listening to his heartbeat. He traced circles on my lower back, and eventually we both fell asleep. And this time, there were no nightmares.

----------------------------------------------------

I woke up still wrapped in Griffin's arms, the sunlight streaming through the glass sliding door to the deck cast a soft glow on his face and made his dark hair appear lighter. Almost like he had a halo, like an angel. My angel. I kissed him softly on the lips and his eyes fluttered open revealing his star speckled eyes, he smiled and squeezed me against him.

"Five more minutes, I want to enjoy this moment." he said groggily, I laughed and nestled my head back into the crook of his neck. We lay there for a few moments, my mind wandered and I remembered my conversation with Chris. I had to tell Griffin about him I realized. I didn't want to keep this from him. Taking a deep breath I began,

"So I um...I saw Chris when I was back home." Griffin's flashed open and he watched me studying my emotions, a question in his eyes. I kept my face blank but I knew he could feel my heart racing. "My father was really fond of him. He didn't know about anything that happened between us." I paused in my explanation, suddenly realizing that Griffin didn't even know Chris. I took a deep breath and explained everything, from first meeting Chris until our reunion at the hospital and our conversation at the house. Griffin's eyes when from curiosity, to disapproval, to out right anger. When I told him about our talk his expression when back to disapproval.

"I don't think you should have forgiven him that easily." He said brushing hair from my face.

"And why not?" I asked curious about his reasoning but in the back of my mind I thought about how he had no right to question my decisions, he didn't know what I'd been through.

"Because I have zero tolerance for things like that. Especially when he comes crawling back to you thinking you'll take him back." Griffin said, frustration leaking into his voice. A knot formed in my stomach when I thought about how I almost did let myself forgive Chris for everything.

"You didn't forgive him, did you?" Griffin asked worry creasing his brow. I hesitated a little too long in my answer making Griffin heave a sigh of frustration sitting up. I sat up too and watched him, my own irritation beginning to form.

"Why do you care what I did or didn't do Griffin?! You don't control me! Your not my boyfriend! You have no right to tell me I can't be with Chris!" I yelled at him. Griffin took a step back not expecting my outburst.

"Kylie I'm sorry I just-" he began but I cut him off.

"No! Don't you dare use your charm on me Griffin. I won't fall for it! Ugh! You're just like Chris, thinking you have a say in everything I do! It's so not you business!" I gave him a hard shove sending him back a couple more steps. "I need some air." I said wiping the angry tears off my face. I walked quickly to the front door, Griffin grabbed my arm and, instinctively and whipped around and slapped him. Shock when over his face and his grip fell. I threw open the front door.

"Ky, wait! Kylie!" I kept walking. "Don't you leave her Samwise Gamgee." I heard behind me and I stopped, turning to look at Griffin. "and I don't mean to. I don't mean to." A fresh bout of tears washed over my face. Suddenly a cold metal object pressed into my back and an arm wrapped around my waist.

"So this is your new lover boy is it?" Chris's voice sneered from behind me.

"Looks like a real softie to me." Another voice said just to my left. The voice was deep and rough, much like Chris's. Elijah Maquille looked from me to Griffin then turned to his twin. "Seems like to two love birds got in a fight." he said and Chris snickered. The metal object, which I assumed was a gun pressed harder into my skin and I let out a whimper.

"Let her go." Griffin said his voice holding a calm authority. Elijah shook his head,

"I'm afraid we can't do that pretty boy. See this bitch here," Elijah grabbed my face with one hand and turned it so I was looking at him, "belongs to my brother. And I don't approve of other men" he sneered the word. "touching my brother's property." Griffin took a step towards us but stoped when Elijah pulled out another gun and pointed it at him. I let out a strangled cry.

"No! Please, stop, don't hurt him. He didn't do anything! Please Chris, I'll do whatever you want, just please leave him alone." I begged my legs shaking. They couldn't hurt Griffin, I couldn't let that happen.

"Good girl." Chris said kissing my cheek then nibbling on my ear. Griffin's face filled with anger and I shook my head at him, tears coming back to my eyes. He didn't know what he was getting into. Both of the Maquille twins had kick-boxing, and karate classes, military training, and work around the farm to make them tough and resilient. If this turned into a fight, Griffin wasn't going to win, and I didn't want to see him get hurt.

Griffin's face looked defeated, Chris laughed again and pulled me roughly against him shoving me in the direction of his Elijah's car which I hadn't noticed before. I was tossed into the back seat and Chris slid in beside me as Elijah started the car.

"I will find you Kylie!" I heard Griffin yell before a blindfold was placed over my eyes and we drove away.

--------------------------------------------------

What?!? No!!!

Wow really starting to hate Chris now!

And Elijah!

I love hearing feedback from you guys so please keep commenting and voting!

Thanks
Brynn