Chapter 10; The Lion King

"So which movie is it going to be tonight?" Griffin asked as we walked back inside the front door. We had just got back from a local café where we ate lunch.

"Hmm...ohh, I know." I walked over and knelt down beside the bookshelf of movies. Pulling one out I held it up for Griffin to see.

"The Lion King?" He asked sounding almost doubtful.

"Yes sir, but first, we need to sit outside because it is a beautiful day." I said standing up. I took Griffin's hand and pulled him along as I opened the sliding door.

"Sit." I commanded, Griffin followed my orders. I danced back inside and grabbed two glasses and a pitcher of lemonade. I set them down on the table outside and poured a glass for him.

"So...how's the Hobbit?" I asked,

"Confusing, but interesting. I'm at the part where they're at Bilbo's house. All of the dwarves have just arrived." Griffin explained, I tiny bump forming between his eyebrows as he squished them together. My heart broke a little at the mention of the dwarves, after reading the book and seeing all the movies I knew exactly what happened to a certain few of the dwarves. They happened to be my favourite too.

"Good, that's good." I answered sipping on the lemonade in my glass. I watched Griffin as he ran thoughts through his head. All I could think of was this morning, waking up beside him, how safe I'd felt, not like how I'd felt with...Him.

"Okay, I've got a question." Griffin said breaking my train of thoughts.

----------------------------------------------------

Some hours later I was sitting in the living room setting up the movie. Griffin was in the kitchen, kindly cooking us dinner. I finished setting up the movie and poured a couple of handfuls of kibbles into Kasey's food bowl. I washed my hands in the bathroom and came out to see Griffin setting two bowls of Mac and Cheese on the coffee table.

"Chef's special." He said smiling at me. I smiled back and sat down on the couch beside him.

"Careful, this movie is an emotional rollercoaster. I cry every time." I said pressing play on the remote.

Dad? Dad com'on, wake up. Dad? Simba's sad pleading broke my heart yet again and I found myself crying lightly. Griffin took my hand in his and squeezed gently. I looked over at him and he smiled at me, hints of wetness in the corner of his eyes.

When Hakuna Matata came on I actually managed to get Griffin to sing along. His butchering of the high notes made me laugh so hard I almost started crying again.

Then Nala found Simba, Can you feel, the love tonight... the music floated around the room and the air immediately became electric. I was suddenly very aware of Griffin's hand still in mine. I glanced at him out of corner of my eyes and found that he was watching me intently. My mind was racing, thoughts of Him, and of Griffin. Oh screw it. I thought, I'm not going to let something of my past affect my future.I reached up with my hand and slid it around Griffin's shoulders, he leaned in slowly and our lips met. All thoughts that were in my head disappeared. All I focused on was Griffin, his soft lips, his strong arm that was around my waist holding us together, nothing else mattered. He slowly pulled away and rested his forehead against mine.

"You're missing the movie." He said softly, I brought my hand down to his face and ran my thumb across his bottom lip.

"I've seen it before." I answered, he smiled. Griffin turned back to the movie but pulled me up beside his so I was nestled in his arms. We stayed like that the rest of the movie. After the movie had finished my heart was still racing and my lips tingled. We cleaned up the kitchen and living room, and every time we brushed past each other a shock of electricity ran through my limbs. When we crawled into bed and I immediately cuddled into Griffin, he wrapped his arms around me and we fell asleep quickly in each others embrace.

----------------------------------------------------

Heyyyyy
Guys they kissed for the first time!!!!!

Do you think it will work out?

Who do you think "He" is?

Do you think "He" will play a part in this story later on?

I can't wait to see what you guys think!!
Don't forget to keep voting! I entered this story into the Wattys so the votes and comments really do help :)

Thanks love y'all
Brynn