Chapter 9; Movie Night

"Which movie was it again?" Griffin asked from the living room. I was in the kitchen finishing up supper and he was searching for a movie he hadn't seen, it wasn't very hard for him to find one.

"Any one that you haven't seen is fine." I called out turning off the stove and sliding the rice and site fry into two plates. I brought the plates over to the living room setting one down on the coffee table and holdin the other in my lap as I sat down.

"Aladdin?" Griffin asked holding the movie up.

"Go for it." I answered and began to shovel food into my face. Griffin put the DVD into the player and sat back on the couch. He pressed play and grabbed his plate of food. As the opening scene came up on screen I started whispering the words under my breath. By the time Aladdin was about to be killed Griffin was hooked. He sat on the edge of the couch. His hands clasped in his lap, staring intently at the screen.

"Yes, kick his ass!" Griffin whispered in the final battle against Jaffar.

"So, good movie?" I asked as I knelt down to pull the disc out.

"Yeah, it was. Really good, how many times have you seen this?" He asked, I smiled.

"Enough times." I answered sliding the DVD back into its spot on the shelf. I had organized it alphabetically.

"So what's next on the agenda?" Griffin asked standing up and rubbing his hands together. I laughed,

"Well since it's...11:37, I'm going to bed." I said checking my phone for the time.

"Do you want me to help you set up your bed or are you okay?" I asked him, Griffin shook his head,

"No I'm good I think I've got it." He said

"Okay, well...goodnight." I turned and walked into my room closing the door behind me. After getting into bed I listened to Griffin struggle with the pull out bed in the couch for a bit before I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I crawled out of bed and opened the door. Griffn was standing there like a lost puppy, he opened his mouth but I stopped him.

"Do you want to sleep in here?" I asked. Griffin stood there dumbfounded for a bit but then his voice returned to him,

"Uh...well...um...yeah, that'd be nice. If it's not to much trouble of course." He stuttered. I laughed

"It's fine, as long as you keep you ridiculously cold feet to yourself." I teased and turned to my bed crawling back under the covers. I heard Griffin mutter something like 'my feet aren't cold' as he crawled in beside me. We lay there awkwardly for a few minutes before I gave up and cuddled in close to him. Griffin tensed up but eventually wrapped an arm around my waist and we drifted off to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------

The next morning I woke to sunlight filtering through my window. I opened my eyes to see Griffin laying beside me. His eyes were closed and his breathing steady, he was still asleep. As I watched him sleep I felt something stir in my chest. It could be something about the way his hair was messy and falling into his face, or maybe that he looked so innocent as he slept, it could even be the way his mouth was slightly curved in a content smile that made me feel this way. Whatever it was, it was affecting me. Could I be falling for Griffin? I don't know, I know we're good friends but I haven't known him very long. Plus I need to stay away from relationships, especially after...Him. The main reason why I'd left my small town. There was no escape from Him there. Griffin's eyes slowly opened. My chest tightened, his eyes were beautiful, and when they saw me, the sparkled like a thousand tiny stars.

"Morning sunshine." I said smiling. Griffin smiled back at me.

"Sleep well?" He asked. I nodded as I sat up and stretched.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I asked as I pulled myself from the warm bed.

"Do you know how to make pancakes?" He asked.

"Only the best in Southern Ontario." I answered laughing. Griffin smiled and sat up as I opened the door and walked from the room.

"They'll be ready in fifteen minutes, so I suggest getting dressed, because after you're done. We're going for a run." I called as I walked across the living room and into the kitchen.

After we finished breakfast we went outside, this time I took Kasey with us, she was definitely doing better and I wanted her to start using her paw more.

"Do you want to jog along the beach?" Griffin asked as he locked the door. He tossed the keys back to my and I nodded

"Sure, Kasey can play in the water then." I said and we started running. About half an hour later we came across a little river the carved it's way through the sand and into the ocean. I was about to leap over it when I felt an arm wrap around my waist.

"What are you doing!" I yelled as Griffin threw me over his shoulder.

"We can't let the lady get wet in the stream can we Kasey?" Griffin said. Kasey barked and pranced around his feet, Griffin began to wade through the stream but stopped in the middle and turned walking towards the ocean.

"Griffin what are you doing?" I asked slightly irritated but still laughing. When the water reached his knees he stopped. Kasey was half swimming half walking around us.

"I wonder what would happen if I dropped her. Hmm...what do you think Kasey?" Griffin asked, she barked again.

"Don't you dare!" I screamed squirming around. Suddely I was falling, but I didn't hit the water, I landed in Griffin's arms, he was now holding me bridal style.

"Just kidding." he said. I narrowed my eyes at him but burst out laughing. He carried me back to shore and set me down.

"My hero," I said batting my eyelashes, Griffin blushed.

"Come on, let's head back" He said smiling down at me.