10.03.17

Danny's Point of View

"So."

"So you're here and I'm guessing your dad said yes?" Missy says hopefully.

"Technically it's still a maybe. But I'm sure he'll say yes. I just have to be insanely nice and cooperative and not break any rules at all."

"And the same goes to the rest of you. This is a must."

"Why?" Amelia asks. We look at her quizzically. "Why is it a must? I mean Julie's not even here to enjoy it with us, so why do this at all?"

"Amy, I am shocked. I thought you were on board with us." Missy says, flabbergasted.

"I am!" She protests. "I just miss her enough already and this makes it feel like she's really gone. For good."

"Oh," Missy murmurs. "I did not know you felt that way. I'm sorry."

"Whatever. I'm sorry I got all worked up and weird. Let's do this."

Missy took us to all kinds of different shops to look for things we could use for our costumes. We looked for Amelia's costume first because it was the easiest to put together.

"Hey Danny? What am I looking for exactly?"

"Well, a short sleeve white-ish floral print top, but it doesn't have to be short sleeve cause you'll be putting an olive green jacket on top of the shirt anyway. And then dark skinny jeans with a few rips in them, just enough to be tasteful and not emo trashy. She has this charm bracelet, we'll probably have to make that though. For shoes, beat up combat boots. You can probably borrow Julie's, you've got the same size feet."

Amy raises her eyebrows and stares at me. "I didn't know you were a fashion expert. Then again, being with Julie would kinda make you one."

"I watch the show too you know."

"I didn't know you payed attention to every little detail, that's supposed to be Julie's job."

"Well she may or may not have told me about it but that's not the point."

"Guys! I think I found something!" Andra calls. The loud words earn her a few stares, but we're too excited to care. "You said floral print, right?" I nod. "Well, here you go." She holds up a yellowing shirt that looks like it really was from the seventies. The large buttons at the top and the wrinkles all over it add to the effect.

"Perfect. Do you think it'll fit?"

"That's what dressing rooms are for. Gimme." Andra hands her the shirt and Amy walks into the stall. Missy comes over to us holding a tan jacket in one hand, a green one in the other.

"Which one?"

"Tan. That green is too green."

"Ok, Ms Fashionista." As soon as Missy says that, Amy walks out of the dressing rooms wearing the shirt. Missy tosses the jacket to her and she shrugs it on.

"How do I look?" Amy poses. I hold up the picture from my phone next to her, comparing the clothes.

"Awesome. Now we only need the jeans and boots."

"Alright, I am taking this off. It smells like someone died in it," Amelia says with repulsiveness. I snicker at the statement, because the character she's dressing up as is dead.

***

After hours of looking, we finally found almost everything we needed. Amy's and Andra's costumes are complete. Hot Topic is a savior. Missy's is almost finished. All we need to do is get vibrant green eye contacts and we'll be set.

Sadly, my costume is horribly difficult to find. Well not horribly difficult, but of course it costs over a hundred dollars. Thankfully,  Lenora said she'd keep an eye out for things we might need.

Julie, the clever little minx, already has a sonic screwdriver and a tie to go with the suit. I have red Converse, so that's covered. The only thing needed now is actual clothing. Hopefully I can persuade Julie's grandmother to sew me something. That also includes Dad saying yes to the plans first, so I'll rest my thinking on this for a while.

Finally, I reach home and flop into bed. Yes it's 7:43, and no I do not care. After a few minutes of just lying there, my eyelids droop and I drift into a dreamless sleep.

Better Off As LoversOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara