6.19.17

"I'll see you later then. Thank you for everything today," I say, a smile on my face.

"It was my pleasure. I'll see you in the morning, ok?

"It is the morning, dorkenstein."

"I can't stand you."

Missy honks her car horn. "Hurry up, lovebirds!"

"You sure you don't want me to drive you home?"

"Yeah, it's all good. Missy's car isn't as loud as yours, won't wake mom up when I get home." He smiles. "Alright. I have to go. I love you."

"I love you too. Happy birthday, Jules." He wraps his arms around me and I lie my head on his chest. Missy honks the horn again and I pull away.

"You know I hate that name," I call, walking backwards.

"Yeah, but you love me!" Danny calls back. I snicker and turn around, walking towards Missy's car. I wave one last time and plop down in the passenger seat.

"You two are so grossly in love," Missy says. I stick my tongue out at her as she backs out. We come to an intersection and Missy picks up her phone.

"Uhh, no ma'am, that's super illegal, not to mention dangerous. I refuse to die because you can't keep your eyes on the road," I joke, plucking her phone out of her hands.

"We're at a stoplight, it's fine."

"Incorrect, why are you allowed to drive?"

She laughs. "Alright, mom. You take over then."

"Ok, you know I can't and you saying that is super unfair."

"It's your own fault for being a nerd and skipping a grade."

"Shut up, you're the one who chose to be friends with me. Now go, the light is green."

Missy smiles and starts to go through the intersection. Then, time seems to stop. Lights flash and I hear a scream. Glass flies across my vision, I hear metal crumpling and everything explodes in white hot pain. Then, everything goes black.

p59h Н-