Chapter 21 :Momentary Solitude

Começar do início

And since our argument lastnight,she's been locked in the room, using Meadow as an excuse to not come out.

I sigh.

I don't wanna go another day being upset with my Chica.
Shit don't sit right with me.

"Diapers and a few Gerber meals, no peach, she hates peach."She answers.

"Mamita, come out here for a second, please"

"Meadows not asleep yet"She says.

"Yea, it don't matter, will just be a sec"

I stand drumming my fingers on the counter, thinking on what to say to her.
She walks out, Meadow on her shoulder.Her hair up in a messy bun, and wearing my old white t shirt and some kaki shorts.

Her face was nil of emotions, but ampt up on attitude.

Ai yiy yiy!

She stands infront of me, waiting, and I just stare down at her, studying her.
She looks away from me and scoffs.

"Can we stop this?" I whisper, stroking her neck. "Not necessary mamita"

She sighs.

"Yea, well, you make me mad sometimes-"

"And I could say the same about you, but I wont throw that out there, cause I aint playing that blame game."I cut her off.

She sighs rollin her eyes at me.

"You love me?"I ask on impulse.

"Of course" She answers in the same second.

A smile itches the sides of my mouth.

"Good, cause im crazy about you Gretchen, and I want nobody else but you. So if we wanna stay together, no more yelling, okay...Im done with that, are you ?"

"I am Miguel, but it's just so hard sometimes, being a new mom, is..is..is hard" She starts to cry and my eyes glossed just looking at her.

I hold her to me and hug her, repeatedly kissing the top of her head.

"It gets easier Gretty, just allow it to..stop tryna do everything perfect, your allowed to fuck up, that's cool, your a mom, not a doctor. "

Gretty let's out a heavy chuckle, against my chest.

"Why thank you...ass!"

I smile at her.

"Your welcome" I slap her ass and she jumps with a grin. "ASS"

And I find myself admiring her beautiful smile.It makes me feel so lucky...all those years of being the bad boy with a girl on ever block, sometimes in the same familia.
Not knowing why none of them could make one,
She on the other,
Some would put it...
'My other half'...I say she's my whole, cause I swear without Gretty im just that guy who served his country and has nothing much to show for it.Not even a peace of mind, given what I had to see with the experience.

I kiss her forehead and Meadow's.

"Ahh, okay mamita going to the store, we'll talk more when I get in"I say breaking the mood.