Chapter 2: Morning Surprise

My eyes open slowly and the light coming through the open window tells me it's morning. I sit up suddenly looking around. Where am I? How did I get here? I ask myself, and when I look at the sleeping man beside me it all comes flooding back.

What actually happened last night after the cab ride is a little fuzzy. When I think too hard about it my head hurts. I look at myself under the covers and find I'm not in my clothes but what looks like a pair of grey sweat pants and an old ratty t-shirt. If we had done anything last night why would I be wearing this?

Just as I'm thinking that thought I hear Toby groan and rub his eyes before sitting up. He looks over at me and smiles a sleepy smile. "Good morning sleeping beauty" he teases "I hope you dont mind about the clothes after I carried you up the stairs and into my apartment I figured you would be more comfortable in different clothes. I didn't see anything I swear" he says looking at me as if he is scared I might hit him.

Could you tell me what happened last night after we got in the cab because honestly after that everything is hazy. I tell him blushing then looking down at the bed. I'm more than a little shocked when he puts his finger under my chin and looks right into my eyes.

"Don't hide your beautiful face. I love it when you blush, you look so young an innocent. That is hard to find now days." He says with a smile and he cups my face in his hand I lean my face into it and blush some more. He laughs and I pull away from him.

"Did I do something wrong?" I ask him not meeting his gaze.

"Oh no nothing like that. I was actually thinking that my old shirt and sweat pants have never looked so good."

"Don't lie I'm sure I look crazy right now." I say reaching up to tame the mess of hair I was sure would be there but when I run my hands through it there seems to be almost no change from last night.

Toby watches me amused by what I'm doing. When I'm satisfied that i can't look that bad I look back at him to see that he is staring at my lips. I quickly rub my tounge over them to make sure there is nothing on them and when i find nothing I look up at him quizically.

Instead of answering my question he leans in and for the first time presses his lips against mine. My hands hang awkwardly at my side while I try to figure out what I should do with them. He seems to sense this and he grabs my hands and places them on his shoulders and smiles against my lips. I feel his arms wrap around me and pull me against him. Feeling braver I slide my hands up his neck and into his hair.

His tounge touched my bottom lip asking for entry, which I gladly grant him. He tilts his head to deepen the kiss. His hands trail up and down my back leaving goose bumps where he touched. I relax more into the kiss. Suddenly his lips leave mine and they trail down my jaw bone and onto my kneck. My breathing hitches and I run my hands through his hair holding him in place.

After a few minutes he pulls away leaving us both breathless. I collapse back on the pillows my face burning in a good way. He looks down at me and smiles before laying down beside me propped up on one arm watching me. I prop myself up on my elbow facing him. Our faces inches from one another.

"Why didn't you take advantage of me last night?" I ask him suddenly not really sure why the words left my mouth.

His eyes get big at my question and he swallows hard before answering me, "I couldn't take advantage of anyone, but there is no way I would have been able to take advantage of a beautiful sleeping girl on her birthday."

"What happened after we got in the cab last night?" I ask him.

"Well lets start from the beginning..." He says.