Blush--Harry Potter x Reader

A/N: Thank you so much for taking time to read my story. I love all of you so much and hope you enjoy my first fanfiction on the internet, ever. Also, this fanfiction is mainly Harry x Reader, but there will be slight undertones of Ron x Hermione. I do not own any of the characters, those belong to JK Rowling, I do however own the story, and you own yourself (DUH!).

~~~~

It was my fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I was hanging out with my two female best friends, Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley, in my dorm room.

"I can't believe you like Harry!" Hermione exclaimed.

"I have for the longest time, since second year actually, I still don't know how you couldn't tell. Plus, you're one to talk! I'm not the only one who li-" I cut myself off, forgetting Ginny didn't know about Hermione's huge crush on her brother, Ron.

"Wait, what?" Ginny said, but then realized what I was saying, "Does Hermione have a crush?" she teased.

"Oh, shoot!" I exclaimed, "I promised I'd meet Harry in the common room in 5 minutes."

"Oooh, does my wittle (Y/N) have a daaaate?" Hermione said in attempts to embarrass me. And her attempts worked.

"No," I muttered blushing as I put my eyeliner on. Thank God that's the only makeup I wear, or else I would not have been down in time. "Oh! And Hermione, you should probably go help Ron with his essay," I said making her blush, and giving Ginny an apparent answer as to who Hermione liked. "He and Harry were supposedly 'working' on it, but I doubt they got anything done, those bloody idiots," I finished, leaving the room, and saying goodbye to Ginny.

As I left I heard a faint yell, "Why didn't you tell me!!!" 'Sorry Herm,' I thought to myself.

I met Harry in the common room, "Hey!" I looked around and realized that the whole room was deserted, leaving Harry and I the only ones.

"H-hey, (Y/N)," he stuttered, blushing and looking down. Of course, 15 year old me was completely oblivious as to why.

"You alright?" I asked, slightly concerned about his sudden shyness.

"Y-yeah, I've just b-been meaning to t-tell you something," he said, hardly loud enough for me to hear. This left me extremely confused. Was I the reason that Harry Potter, Harry freaking Potter, was barely able to talk.

"Yeah?" I responded, grabbing his hand. We both blushed at the sudden contact, but neither pulled away.

"Well, I uh, really like you. I have since second year when we really started becoming friends, and I was wondering if you wanted to go to Hogsmeade with me. If you don't I totally understand, and we can still be friends. I hope this doesn't change anything between us."

"Harry," I said hoping to stop his rambling.

"I just really, really, really like you and I."

"Harry."

"I just," he finally finished, sighing.

"You just need to shut up and let me respond," I told him laughing, and causing him to look at his feet. "Of course I'll go to Hogsmeade with you Harry. I've liked you for the longest time, but I couldn't work up the nerve to ask you." I said, as I pulled him in for a hug, causing both of our faces to heat up.

"Well I'd say it's about time," I heard a familiar voice say from behind me, followed by giggles that were distinctly Hermione's. When I turned around, I saw her and Ron, I could tell they were headed to the library, and I smiled at her knowingly.

"Well, if you'd excuse me, I have to go find someone," I said, excusing myself from the group. I turned to Harry and kissed him on the cheek, and walked away. When I turned around he was blushing brighter than the scarlet on the Gryffindor Flag. He slowly brought his hand to his cheek where I had kissed him, causing Ron and Hermione to laugh. "Bye Harry!" I yelled, "See you later."

"Bye (Y/N)," he said, clearly still dazed from me kissing him.

~~~~

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this. I will accept any concerns or criticism and take that into account for my next story. If you have any requests, you can leave a comment, or message me. Once again, I really appreciate you reading my story, and hope you enjoyed.

Much Love

-Katelyn