(Chapter 17)(modeling gone wrong)

(BG's p.o.v)

Luna was at the studio for a modeling thing. The kids sat there bored out of their minds.
"Emmy, Lorcan, what's wrong?" I asked. "Mommy isn't here"."she does fun stuff with us while your gone so we don't miss you as much". Emmy says. "Hm, well what y'all wanna do?" I asked them. Lorcan looked at Emmy. Then he whispered in her ear. "He'll never do that Lorcan". She says. "Do what?" I asked. "Water balloon fight". Emmy says. I smiled. "I got a better idea, how bout we get the water balloon launcher and launch some balloons at the neighbors?" I say. "Yes!!" Lorcan says. Emmy giggled.
I went to my closet, moved my clothes out of the way.
I found my water balloon launcher. Emmy was looking around and Lorcan came in the closet to. I reached up and pulled the launcher out of the top of my closet. Then a box slipped off the shelf. It fell and was just above my sons head. "Daddy!" Emmy gasped and grabbed her brother. The box stopped mid fall and floated there. Emmy was holding her hand up to protect her brother. "Lorcan are you doing that?" I asked. "No daddy, not me, Emmy your magic!" Lorcan says. I had my arms under the box. "Put your hand down Em". I say. She did and the box fell in my as heavy as it was when I had put it up there years ago.
I ushered the kids out of the closet. I closed my closet door, after tossing Luna's converse high tops back in where they belonged.
"Emmy, have that ever happened before?" I asked my eldest daughter. "No, daddy; never." She says confused herself and what had just happened.

We were shooting water balloons at the neighbors. Luna came home. "Uh oh, mommy's here, put the ammo away and hide!" I say. The kids ran off. Luna came up on the porch. "Hi dear, how was your day?" She asked. "It's been good". I say. "Whys the porch wet?" She asked. "Um I uh had to pee." I say. "She quirked an eyebrow. "Well next time maybe you could try the toilet". She says.
I told her about what happened with Emmy and the box and saving Lorcan.

"Mommy I'm magic!!" Emmy says. "I know daddy told me that's wonderful". Luna says hugging Emmy. "I'll teach you how to control it soon". She says to Emmy.

It was late at night now and Luna walked into the shower with me.
"So how was modeling today?" I asked her. "Uncomfortable, I was, he told me to strip and god it was horrid"."I'm never going back there again." She says. "Who made you strip?" I asked her as I pushed her wet hair out of her eyes. "The photographer". She says putting her forehead against my chest. "Is that all he made you do?!" I asked. "Yes he didn't touch me or anything". She says. "So how's the baby?" I asked her rubbing her belly. "Good, growing, making my ankles swell a bit". She says smiling and rubbing her belly. "Can't wait to find out what the little one is". She says. "Next modeling day, I'm going with you okay". I say. "Yeah, they'll only be one more photo shoot in a few months". "When my belly's big". She says. "Your still wearing your hat dear". She says. "Dammit I did it again". I say, pulling off my hat. She laughed. I tossed my hat over the side of the shower. "I hope the baby's a girl". Luna says looking down at her small bump. I smiled. "Me too, I'd like to see how you were when you were young". I say. "I was fairly zoned out, hyper, and loved my daddy". She says. "Perfect". I say with a big smile.