(Chapter 5)(on the road again)

(BG's p.o.v)

I put the kids in the four door truck. And put our stuff in the tool box. I smiled and got in the drivers side. Luna smiled. "Y'all ready for the road trip ?" I asked them. And Luna nodded. "I'm ready". She says. The kids clapped excitedly. And Emmy smiled. "Let's go daddy!!" Emmy says excitedly. I cranked my diesel truck. We weren't going where I had told the kids where we were going. Luna didn't even know. But we were gonna have to drive 5 hours including bathroom stops. But when we got there they'd be so happy. Luna watched out the window. I drove for an hour or two. Then. "Daddy I'm hungry". Emmy says. "Knew that was coming". I say. "Lorcan needs to eat too Darling". Luna says to me. "Yes ma'am's". I say to them.

I stopped the truck at the next rest stop. Luna opened her door. She had a bottle for Lorcan. I got Emmy out and we ordered food. Luna was capable to do magic with out her wand, she had learned but with much practice.
Emmy was scarfing down food. "Slow down kiddo". I say. Luna was giving Lorcan his sippy cup and feeding him French fries. I was drinking my sweet tea. Luna had tied up her white blonde hair into a loose bun. Lorcan drank his juice. Then he started to pull on his moms hair. Then he pulled it down. "Lorcan, you little fierce one". She says. Then a man looked at Luna he was drooling, he had a look on his face like he'd ... Hell I don't know, he had a lustful look. I flipped him off. He backed off cause he saw the look on my face. Luna looked behind her at him. He smiled.
I growled. "B?". She asked. "Hm". I say. "It's okay BG." She says. "Your child's in my lap". She says. I nodded.

We were on the road again. I was excited because soon I'd wake them and we'd be in Orlando, Florida. I looked at Luna. She was almost asleep. "Come're ". I say to her. She laid her head on my shoulder as I drove with one hand. Which I normally did anyway. "I love you". She says as she fell asleep. "Love you too". I say and I kissed the top of her head. The kids had been asleep for an hour or two. And I drove the whole way to Orlando in silence.