Chapter 6

AN: I understand why Roth killed Tris but I wish she didn't. So, as a fan of fan-fictions, I found solace in many fics with alternate endings or a fourth book or something along those lines.

But I wanted a personalized fourth book. Which I will write as a fanfic. The stories still belong to Veronica. It's just to get over the ending. It's a fanfic. I have no rights over the characters, just the plot.

CHAPTER

SIX

TOBIAS

"He what?" I ask in shock.

"Caleb, he managed to synthesise a serum that brings people back, as long as the body exists. That's why he didn't let me or Uriah get cremated." She says.

Tris had already explained it to me but it hadn't completely sunk in yet.

"How did that serum work?" I ask.

Tris was sitting on my lap as I refused to loosen my grip on her.

"He and Cara were working on this since I died." She says causing us both to cringe.

She was back, she was in my arms but her death. Her death still haunted me.

"About a year ago, the serum apparently worked. But my body didn't respond even though my wounds were healed. They had to give my body some time to heal completely. Uriah, Marlene, Will, Lynn, Tori, are also alive. Lynn and Tori hadn't woken up before I left. They would probably wake up in a few days. A lot of people I don't really know. Casualties from the war." She says.

"This will cause an uproar!" I realise.

"We can't tell people. People will use this for themselves. Besides, it doesn't work on everyone. It couldn't bring back my... it couldn't bring back my parents." She says and I could see the pain in her eyes.

"Tris, secrets lead to downfall. You saw what it did to our world. What it did to you. The government can't keep this from everyone. Besides how will we explain the return of so many dead people?" I mumble crushing her closer to me.

"Tobias. You know it could be dangerous to make this public. Besides, Resurgent is a private organisation." I say "It has nothing to do with the government."

"But we should all still discuss this. And you need to tell the government." I say.

"How about we wait to tell the government until after we discuss it with everyone that absolutely has to know?" she asks.

"Why didn't Caleb tell me about this?" I ask.

"Well, he didn't know if it would work. He didn't want to give you false hope." She sighs.

"Well, he could have told me after you woke up." I say.

"I haven't even been awake for a week. They ran tests on me for a day, to make sure I was actually okay. Then I had to learn to walk again. It's hard to work when you've basically been asleep for two years." She laughs.

"Why didn't he tell me you were coming? I just saw him today. When we went to..." I stop midsentence.

"Scatter my ashes? You can say that you know. How did you do it?" she asks curiously. I did notice her attempt to change the subject.

"I did it while zip-lining." I say.

"You went zip-lining? You're over that fear?" she asks excitedly as a smile lit her face.

"Still have four fears. Some fears took the place of others." I say.

"Tobias, can we go through a fear landscape later? I want to know what my fears are, how many are there." She asks.

"Of course. Why didn't he tell me?" I ask again.

"Well, he doesn't know." She says hiding her face in my chest.

"He doesn't know you're here?" I ask.

"Well, he said I had to wait a few weeks. I couldn't. I had to see you. I couldn't wait that long." She says.

"I'm glad you didn't wait." I smile then pulled back "How did you get here?" I ask.

"Well, you see. I borrowed some money from him, his credit card, took two phones, gave one to Uriah so he can tell me if something goes wrong. Went to the airport, got a disguise since they told me people here knew me, reached Chicago, got in a cab, reached this place, ran into your neighbour who showed me the way to your place, removed my disguise and knocked." She smiles innocently.

"Tris. You just woke up. You were dead for over a year. Take it easy. I don't want to lose you again." I say as the seriousness of the event takes over us.

"I promise, I will try my best to not die again. I promise I'll try not to leave again." She says.

"I love you Beatrice Prior." I mumble as I kiss her.

"I love you too." She says pulling back and kissing me again.

AN: So, how was it? Please Review and let me know your views. Comment please. I just finished writing the last chapter so updates will be more frequent! And please review! Your comments inspire me. R&R!

>F������