Chapter 18

AN: I understand why Roth killed Tris but I wish she didn't. So, as a fan of fan-fictions, I found solace in many fics with alternate endings or a fourth book or something along those lines.

But I wanted a personalized fourth book. Which I will write as a fanfic. The stories still belong to Veronica. It's just to get over the ending. It's a fanfic. I have no rights over the characters, just the plot.

CHAPTER

EIGHTEEN

TRIS

"Tris!" Cara gasps.

Tobias and I were still standing at the door.

"How long has this been going on?" I ask.

"Um... Two months..." Caleb stutters.

"Why didn't you guys tell anyone?" I ask.

"We didn't really want to tell everyone. Not yet. There is so much going on and we thought we'd keep it a secret until after the ordeal passes off." Cara says.

"Where are the others?" Tobias asks.

"They're upstairs waiting for you two to arrive." Caleb says rubbing the back of his head.

"We were kind of careless." Cara says.

I remember when Tobias and I first started dating, we never really had a date, and we had to keep our relationship a secret. It was hard but it was worth it.

I remember the day I ran away to see Caleb and Eric caught me when I came back. Tobias was such a jerk that day. I remember how I accidentally called him my boyfriend.

"You can be either a cruel instructor or a concerned boyfriend." I had said accidentally calling him my boyfriend. "You can't play both parts at the same time."

I remembered how we kept our relationship a secret for so long.

"So what's the plan?" Tobias asks bringing me out of my thoughts.

"We were hoping to discuss this when Will and Chris arrived. You guys can relax for a few days without being hounded by reporters." Cara said.

"That would be nice. We'll go see everyone and then I was thinking we could see the headquarters." I say.

"Sure. They're on the floor you were on. Room 451." Caleb says.

"Yeah. We'll leave you two alone." Tobias smirks making me laugh.

We both exit the room and walk towards the elevator we just used.

"You had no idea?" I ask Tobias.

"No. I would've told you if I did. Besides, I'm not very observant about all that. Also. I didn't spend much time around Caleb." He says sheepishly.

"They're perfect for each other." I say.

"Brainiacs." he nodded.

"Yup. They're definitely the smartest people we know." I agree.

"So where's the room?" he asks.

I drag him without a word and knock on a door right next to my old room.

"Four! Bro!" Zeke booms when he sees us.

"Stiff!" he smiles at me hugging me.

"Can't breathe." I choke.

"Sorry." He says letting go of me and Tobias pulls me in his arms.

"What are you guys up to?" he asks as we make into the room.

"Are those two going to come up? Or are they still making out up there?" Zeke jokes.

"You knew?" Tobias asks.

"Everyone but you did. They aren't really discrete. Tris has an excuse for not knowing, but you. Man, you're oblivious!" He jokes.

"They were obvious." Shauna agreed.

I also noticed Tori and Matthew sitting close with their heads together working on something.

"What are they doing?" I ask.

"They've been looking over the plans." George says.

"Yeah! That's what they're doing." Amar says sarcastically.

"Shut up Amar." Tori snaps.

"Really though. There is something going on between them." Marlene whispers in my ear.

I laugh and push my hair out of my eyes.

"What is that?" Lynn asks.

"What?" I say.

"Oh my god! Did Four propose?" Uriah says catching everyone's attention as Caleb and Cara walk in.

"Yeah. I did." Tobias says.

"What?" Caleb asks shocked.

"Tobias asked me to marry him this morning." I say.

"Chris is going to freak out!" Uriah laughed and I shook my head.

We all sat around being lazy all day long. Tobias and I roamed around the headquarters.

There were places where the walls were made of glass and you could see the ocean from there.

It was beautiful. Fishes swam around and it was beautiful. Things were about to change really soon!

AN: So, how was it? Please Review and let me know your views. Comment please. I just finished writing the last chapter so updates will be more frequent! And please review! Your comments inspire me. R&R!

I hope you all are enjoying the story.

Links to Resurgent Covers edited/made by me 'cause I'm crazy like that and I need my covers to match with the entire series since it's like a sequel in my eyes.

Which do you like best? Review on the story or PM me. I made the reddish orange one 'cause the color was closer to the first books cover.