Chapter 13

AN: I understand why Roth killed Tris but I wish she didn't. So, as a fan of fan-fictions, I found solace in many fics with alternate endings or a fourth book or something along those lines.

But I wanted a personalized fourth book. Which I will write as a fanfic. The stories still belong to Veronica. It's just to get over the ending. It's a fanfic. I have no rights over the characters, just the plot.

CHAPTER

THIRTEEN

TOBIAS

We both came out of the simulation gasping. I notice Tris's small body shaking.

"Tris?" I whisper.

"I remember!" she says.

"Remember what?" I ask.

I was getting really scared. Tris looked so vulnerable. So broken. What could that last fear mean?

To me it was just darkness.

"What happened after I died." She shivered.

"What?" I was shocked.

"Darkness." She mumbles.

"Darkness?" I ask.

"When I...died. When I died I remember seeing my mother. She was there. She was waiting for me. But I couldn't go there. The moment I held her hand, the moment I touched her." She says, her voice breaking.

"Oh Tris." I hug her.

"It wasn't just once. It happened over and over. It was like I lived in darkness. There was no light. Not a glimmer. Every once in a while it did appear.

That place, it wasn't a room. It was like I was floating in space. When the light appeared, that was the worst part of it.

The light. It showed me my family. My father, my mother standing at the mouth of a door waving. Asking me to come to them. I tried.

Every time. But the moment I touched them, they disappeared dropping me in the darkness. Alone. All over again." She says.

"You didn't remember?" I ask as I run a soothing hand along her arm.

"No. Not until I was in the stimulation. It all came back to me. Tobias. I was so scared. It was like I was stuck. In between our world and the place my parents were.

At times another door opened. Another door that led to this world. I saw you. I saw your sorrow. But I couldn't reach you either. It was like limbo.

I couldn't get to them or you. I was all alone. I was scared. So scared." She says.

"You'll never be alone again. Never again. I promise." I say.

"Thank you." She says.

"For what?" I pull back.

"For staying with me." She say.

"It will hurt me more than you know to lose you again. I love you. I can't lose you again." I say kissing her passionately.

"I can't promise than bad things won't happen but I promise I will try my best to be with you for as long as you'll have me." She says.

"Always. I'll always want you." I say.

AN: So, how was it? Please Review and let me know your views. Comment please. I just finished writing the last chapter so updates will be more frequent! And please review! Your comments inspire me. R&R!

I hope you all are enjoying the story.

Links to Resurgent Covers edited/made by me 'cause I'm crazy like that and I need my covers to match with the entire series since it's like a sequel in my eyes.

Which do you like best? Review on the story or PM me. I made the reddish orange one 'cause the color was closer to the first books cover.