Chapter 7

AN: I understand why Roth killed Tris but I wish she didn't. So, as a fan of fan-fictions, I found solace in many fics with alternate endings or a fourth book or something along those lines.

But I wanted a personalized fourth book. Which I will write as a fanfic. The stories still belong to Veronica. It's just to get over the ending. It's a fanfic. I have no rights over the characters, just the plot.

CHAPTER

SEVEN

TOBIAS

Tris and I spent rest of the night in each other's arms as I told her about this new world. I explained what this new world was like, how people were equal.

I told her about my job, about Evelyn, about how Christina was the only person who understood what her death did to me. Tris was happy that I found someone to talk to.

Some people, Amar and Matthew, thought there was something between Christina and I but in all truth, we both understood each other's pain.

That was the only reason we hung out, because we understood each other's pain. Never had either of us felt anything but friendship between us, I could only love one person, be with one person, Tris. My first love. My only love.

"Tobias." Tris's voice brings me out of my thoughts.

"Hmm." I mumble.

"Are we just going to start where we left off?" she asks.

"I don't want to be without you for a single moment. I'm not saying I want to put the last two years behind me. I want us to be together, move on but not forget. I want to be with you forever. I love you." I say.

"I love you too." She says.

"After we sort everything out, how would you like to go on a date with me?" I ask.

"I would love to." She smiled her brilliant smile.

I leaned down to kiss her again when there was a loud thump on the door.

"Beatrice Prior. I know you're here!" Caleb's voice rang through the room.

"Looks like my escape didn't go unnoticed." She sighs.

I kiss her forehead and go to open the door.

"Tobias." He nods at me.

"Caleb." I say.

"Tris! I said you needed to stay on base so we could ensure you were alright!" he says. I had never seen her so angry.

"Do you have any idea when Sara called telling me you weren't in your room? I almost had a heart attack." His voice was raised. I slowly close the door so my neighbours don't hear what they didn't need to know.

Tris cringed at Caleb's raising voice. He was pissed, he was scared.

This I understood. He finally got his little sister back. The fear of losing her again must be too much.

I knew couldn't take the pain of losing her again, I loved her and I would protect her with all I had. I wouldn't lose her a second time.

"Well, I wanted to see Tobias. I couldn't wait that long." She says looking at Caleb pointedly.

"Well. It was dangerous none the less. You could've been discovered. You could've gotten hurt." He says.

"Caleb. I'm alright. You don't have to worry about me." She said.

"I will always worry." He says.

I held a grudge over Caleb for a long time, and with time I slowly let it go. And now, I forgave him completely. He gave me the love of my life back. For that I was grateful.

AN: So, how was it? Please Review and let me know your views. Comment please. I just finished writing the last chapter so updates will be more frequent! And please review! Your comments inspire me. R&R!