Chapter 21

AN: I understand why Roth killed Tris but I wish she didn't. So, as a fan of fan-fictions, I found solace in many fics with alternate endings or a fourth book or something along those lines.

But I wanted a personalized fourth book. Which I will write as a fanfic. The stories still belong to Veronica. It's just to get over the ending. It's a fanfic. I have no rights over the characters, just the plot.

CHAPTER

TWENTY ONE

TOBIAS

Three things happened this week.

First, Tris agreed to marry me.

Second, I found out I was genetically pure. Divergent.

And finally, the Bureau killed a person to get to something they had no right over. The very thing that brought Tris back to me.

I was confused about my feelings. The first thing made me ecstatic, they second confused me and the third pissed me off.

We were still sticking to our old plans. A non-violent movement. We didn't want to make the same mistakes as Nita but we would not fail.

"Tobias?" Tris calls out from where she was sitting in the control area as we made our way back to Chicago via a submarine.

"Yeah." I say sitting down next to her.

"I'm probably going to see David again" she says.

"This time I will be with you." I say.

"What if I freeze?" She asks.

"You won't. You're the bravest person I know." I say kissing her forehead.

"Thank you." She whispers.

"For what?" I ask.

"For being you." She says putting her head on my chest.

"After the war, let's go away. Somewhere nice and quiet. Somewhere beautiful. Just us." I say.

"That sounds wonderful." She sighs.

"Miss Prior." A member of our group calls.

"Yes?" Tris asks getting up and I follow her.

"We're here. You're leading the first group to the headquarters right?" he asks. The middle aged man, Joseph was part of the group that was going to cause the distraction.

"Ryan. Phillippe. Let's go." Tris says as she walks towards the door that was connected to the underground route.

I pulled her back and kissed her passionately.

"I'll see you soon." I whisper against her lips.

"Soon." She says turning and walking away.

"Mr. Eaton?" Joseph says "Should we leave?" he asks.

"Yes." I say and he leaves with three men.

My team consisted of four people. Aliah, Kevin, Oberon and Paul.

We were the last to leave.

When we made our way to the O'Hare Airport, the place was in chaos. I could hear people running frantically.

We stealthily made our way to the main room.

The sight in front of me shocked me.

Tris stood in the middle of the room.

And Jeanine stood in front of her.

So they did figured out how to create the serum.

AN: So, how was it? Please Review and let me know your views. Comment please. I just finished writing the last chapter so updates will be more frequent! And please review! Your comments inspire me. R&R!

I hope you all are enjoying the story.

Links to Resurgent Covers edited/made by me 'cause I'm crazy like that and I need my covers to match with the entire series since it's like a sequel in my eyes.

Which do you like best? Review on the story or PM me. I made the reddish orange one 'cause the color was closer to the first books cover.