Chapter 22

AN: I understand why Roth killed Tris but I wish she didn't. So, as a fan of fan-fictions, I found solace in many fics with alternate endings or a fourth book or something along those lines.

But I wanted a personalized fourth book. Which I will write as a fanfic. The stories still belong to Veronica. It's just to get over the ending. It's a fanfic. I have no rights over the characters, just the plot.

CHAPTER

TWENTY TWO

TRIS

"Beatrice Prior!" Jeanine's wicked voice cut through the room.

"How are you alive?" I gasp.

"The same way you are." She smirks.

I pull out my gun from its holster just as she does.

"You deserve to die!" she snarls at me "I had a plan. I wanted to keep our people safe. Look at the chaos you've cause.

"We're free. We know the truth. If I remember right that was the reason behind your attack on Abnegation." I say.

"There are things that the public shouldn't know. Do you not agree? If you hadn't publicised your return, I wouldn't be back. So I'm grateful for that. But you. You are a brat. You just had to meddle in my business. The Erudite and Dauntless's plans were perfect. It was for the greater good!" she says.

"Greater good? Killing a whole faction for the greater good? You must be crazy!" I laugh.

"How does it feel? Mommy and daddy still dead because of you. And you. You selfish, ungrateful brat, came back from the dead." She says.

"It's your fault they're gone not mine! I'm no longer that insecure little girl. They're in a better place. A place you'll never reach!" I snarl at her.

How dare she say that?

How dare she blame me for my parent's death?

She killed them. Not directly, but it was all her fault.

"The world was a better place without you in it!" she says.

"I think you've got it wrong. I helped save the world!" I snap back.

"You think you're such a hero? You have always been too much of a coward. I don't know how you made it through the Dauntless initiations. Oh! Of course it was your boyfriends work wasn't it?" she smirks.

"At least I don't hide behind guards. I don't fear loss of control. I'm not trying to take over the world." I say.

"You!" she snarls and before I can contemplate what was happening she pulled her trigger as I did the same.

The bullet sped towards me and I froze. Not again.

My heart thud faster by the second. I could hear the blood course through my veins.

Somehow, I did manage to move out of the way, not noticing my movements.

I looked at where Jeanine's body lay lifeless.

I kind of felt bad. She too was probably stuck in Limbo. I didn't wish that fate on anyone. Not even her. I wish she moved on this time.

She might have been an awful person but no one deserves that emptiness.

I push my body off the ground and looked around the room. At one entrance Tobias stood, relive etched over his face.

I smiled at him but suddenly his face contorted.

And then, another shot fired. This time it came from behind me. I didn't have enough time to movie away and the piercing took over me.

I managed to catch a glimpse of my shooter, David, as he crumbled to the ground before everything went black.

AN: So, how was it? Please Review and let me know your views. Comment please. I just finished writing the last chapter so updates will be more frequent! And please review! Your comments inspire me. R&R!

I hope you all are enjoying the story.

Links to Resurgent Covers edited/made by me 'cause I'm crazy like that and I need my covers to match with the entire series since it's like a sequel in my eyes.

Which do you like best? Review on the story or PM me. I made the reddish orange one 'cause the color was closer to the first books cover.