Chapter 14

AN: I understand why Roth killed Tris but I wish she didn't. So, as a fan of fan-fictions, I found solace in many fics with alternate endings or a fourth book or something along those lines.

But I wanted a personalized fourth book. Which I will write as a fanfic. The stories still belong to Veronica. It's just to get over the ending. It's a fanfic. I have no rights over the characters, just the plot.

CHAPTER

FOURTEEN

TRIS

Johanna gaped at me.

"Tobias, what is the meaning of this?" she asked angrily.

Caleb, Cara, Tobias and I were sitting in her office. When I walked in behind Tobias she dropped the cup of coffee in her hand.

"Caleb and I found a way to bring people back to life." Cara said frankly. This was the fourth time I was witnessing this talk. It was getting boring.

I still hadn't told Caleb about what happened after I died. I wasn't comfortable talking about it. Tobias and I had talked about it a few times but it still wasn't something I was comfortable with.

I couldn't sleep with the lights off even with Tobias next to me.

Remembering the past two years were horrifying. I couldn't bear to think about it. I couldn't believe something like that could happen. The loneliness. Just thinking about that made the hairs at the back of my neck stand.

Darkness freaked me out.

Things were still blurry, unclear. But one thing I knew for was that it was anything but peaceful. Limbo. That's what I thought about when I thought about the last two years.

"Mr. Prior, I understand what you're saying but this isn't something we can keep from people. And the Bureau is bound to find out." I hear Johanna say.

"Let them. The technology belongs. To Caleb and Cara. It's private, no government resources were used, and they have no rights over it." I say.

"Tris. How are you?" she asks shifting her focus.

"Fine." I reply curtly. I knew she was trying to be nice but I didn't have time for all that.

"Are there any side effects?" she asks.

"They were a little weak at first, after a bit of physical therapy, they were back to normal." Caleb answers for me.

"Do you remember what happened when you were...dead?" she asks hesitantly.

Before I could answer, lie, Cara answered for me.

She didn't know about my memories becoming clearer, only Tobias and I remember.

"None of them remember anything about that time." She says.

"So the last thing you remember was getting shot?" Johanna asks.

"Kind of." I say.

"Anyways. We have to do a press conference. Tell the public about this. Inform them about happened. This might cause some trouble with the bureau but they can't really do anything." She smirks.

I understood everyone was bitter towards the Bureau. Maybe this could be our message to them.

Piss off!

AN: So, how was it? Please Review and let me know your views. Comment please. I just finished writing the last chapter so updates will be more frequent! And please review! Your comments inspire me. R&R!

I hope you all are enjoying the story.

Links to Resurgent Covers edited/made by me 'cause I'm crazy like that and I need my covers to match with the entire series since it's like a sequel in my eyes.

Which do you like best? Review on the story or PM me. I made the reddish orange one 'cause the color was closer to the first books cover.