Chapter 23

AN: I understand why Roth killed Tris but I wish she didn't. So, as a fan of fan-fictions, I found solace in many fics with alternate endings or a fourth book or something along those lines.

But I wanted a personalized fourth book. Which I will write as a fanfic. The stories still belong to Veronica. It's just to get over the ending. It's a fanfic. I have no rights over the characters, just the plot.

CHAPTER

TWENTY THREE

TOBIAS

I ran, ran faster than I ever had and caught Tris right before she fell.

I knew, I knew she wasn't dead. She was still breathing but I couldn't risk anything.

The bullet had hit her in the back and didn't come out the front.

I picked her up and looked up at the room.

"Hunter!" I called out.

Hunter Peters was the medic on our team. He rushed towards us and checked on Tris's vitals.

"She's losing blood. We need to take her to the infirmary." He says.

"This way." A man comes to us. He looked like her was in his late sixties.

I followed him with Tris in my arms, still breathing.

I could see the others dealing with the crowd in the room. Probably explaining our deal.

"I'm Dr. Erland. Head of Surgery at the Bureau. I'll deal with Miss Prior." He says.

"Why are you willing to help?" I ask as my voice cracks.

"This has gone on long enough. The Bureau has crossed too many lines. It's time for us to let the world be. Most of us actually think it's time we went back to the old ways of life. A world where everyone as equal. But there were a few like David, who was kind of bearable for a while after he lost his memories but came back even more nuts than before if you ask me, who though we were above the rest." He says whilst setting up the room for Tris.

I put her on the metal table he points to on her front as he and Hunter helped Tris.

I took in a deep breath looking at them, waiting.

After what seemed like an eternity, Hunter walked towards me.

"She's fine. Nothing major got hurt. Though there is a chance for kidney damage but only one, so that's not really fatal. And with the proper technology, the cells will regenerate themselves and even the kidney will be good as new. We've given her Orcomycosiphyla, it's a serum that is extremely good for healing so she'll be able to go back to normal as soon as she wakes up. Give her a few hours. I'm going to join the others. See how it's going." He says patting my back.

I nod at him and Dr. Erland as they exit the room.

"Tris. Are you ever going to stop scaring me? I can't lose you again. Thank god you're fine!" I say to her unconscious body.

I sit there for who knows how long until Ryan came in the room with a Tab.

"Tobias. How is she doing?" Caleb says over the video chat.

"She's stable. About to wake up soon." I say.

"Thank god. I almost had a heart attack when I heard." He sighs.

"So, did we succeed?" I ask.

This sure as hell couldn't be for nothing.

"They were surprisingly cooperative. You're team's the only one to face obstacles actually." He says.

"So, they caved in?" I ask.

"Yeah. We're negotiating everything now. We're going to help rebuild the country. Paul is dealing with things on your side. You stay with Tris." He says.

"I had no intentions of leaving." I say.

"Thank you for being there for my sister." He says and I have no idea how to reply to that.

AN: So, how was it? Please Review and let me know your views. Comment please. I just finished writing the last chapter so updates will be more frequent! And please review! Your comments inspire me. R&R!

I hope you all are enjoying the story.

Links to Resurgent Covers edited/made by me 'cause I'm crazy like that and I need my covers to match with the entire series since it's like a sequel in my eyes.

Which do you like best? Review on the story or PM me. I made the reddish orange one 'cause the color was closer to the first books cover.