Chapter 16

AN: I understand why Roth killed Tris but I wish she didn't. So, as a fan of fan-fictions, I found solace in many fics with alternate endings or a fourth book or something along those lines.

But I wanted a personalized fourth book. Which I will write as a fanfic. The stories still belong to Veronica. It's just to get over the ending. It's a fanfic. I have no rights over the characters, just the plot.

CHAPTER

SIXTEEN

TOBIAS

"Tris, this way." I say pulling her along with me. It was nearing dawn and we had to reach that place if we wanted to see the sun rise. We left my apartment a while ago after packing for our trip in the morning and walked towards the Navy Pier.

I had to ask Tris something!

"Where are we going?" she asks.

"Navy Pier." I say knowing she wouldn't understand where we were headed.

She sighs and walks faster.

"Close your eyes." I say.

"Why?" she asks pouting.

It was hard to resist her when she was being so cute.

"It's a surprise. I think you'll like it." I say.

"Fine!" she huffs and I smile pecking her.

I cover her eyes with my hands and guide her towards the Pier.

When we stand in front of the Ferris Wheel I ask her to open her eyes.

"Is this?" she asks as she looks at it.

"They repaired this. It actually works, just not at this time of the night." I say.

"Tobias! Thank you!" she says kissing me.

I loose myself in her forgetting the world, just her, just us.

"Let's go up." I say.

"You said it's closed." She says.

"That didn't stop us the last time." I smirk.

"Well then. Let's go." She smirks right back and starts to climb.

I feel a wave of nostalgia hit me. It was amazing how things had changed so much, but certain things were just the same.

Like Tris.

She had grown in so many ways. She had an air of wisdom about her and she looked a little older. But she was still that amazing brave selfless girl I met so many years ago.

I sighed and followed her up, just like the last time. But this time I was not as afraid of heights, with Tris around, everything was better.

I was a little nervous.

Tris climbed into the cart and I went in after her.

"This looks so much more beautiful." She sighs and I put my arms around her pulling her in.

"This is our spot." I smile.

"It is." She smiles back.

"Tris, you know I love you." I start and she smiles and kisses me.

"I remember when your body hit the net, all I registered was a grey blur. I remember when I pulled you across it and your hands were so small but warm. And then, you stood in front of me. Short, thin, plain, unremarkable. But you weren't. You were the first jumper. A stiff. Even I didn't jumped first, your eyes were so stern, intense. You were beautiful. But that wasn't the first time I saw you. I saw you in the hallways at the school, at my mother's false funeral, walking the sidewalks in the Abnegation sector. But you forever embarked yourself in my mind when you jumped." I say.

"Tobias! That's so sweet." she smiles.

"Let me continue. Please." I say kissing her,

"Go ahead!" she says.

"When I saw your body, laying there cold, I thought that you'd wake up, kiss me, and smile at me. I thought a fire that burn as bright as yours didn't last long. But you're resilient! So strong. Amazing. Those two years without you were hard. But with you here. I'd want nothing to change. I never want to lose you. Never want to spend a day without you." I say.

"Tobias." She gasp as I kneel on one knee, finally realising what I was doing.

"Beatrice Prior. Will you give me the honour of calling you my wife? Will you let me love you forever, cherish you, protect you? Be your husband, your lover, your equal? Beatrice, will you marry me?" I say holding out the ring.

When she came back I knew I could never let her go. Never lose her again. I got a ring. It wasn't a huge diamond, it was decent sized though. It was placed on a platinum band surrounded by small rubies and sapphires. The rubies reminded me of her fire, of our burning passion, of our love and the sapphires were blue like the infinite ocean, like our infinite love.

"Tris? I'm waiting here." I say nervously.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! A million times yes!" she says launching herself at me.

"I love you Beatrice Eaton." I say and she giggles.

"You just called me Beatrice Eaton." She giggles.

"Well, you will be soon!" I say.

"But Beatrice? You usually don't call me that." She says.

"Remember I said I'd call you Beatrice on special occasions? It is a very special occasion." I smile.

"It is indeed." She smiles back at me.

We both sit content in each other's arms looking at the sunrise.

"I love you." She says.

"As I you." I say.

Whatever came from here on now, we'd face it together. In a few hour we'd be flying to Miami to the Resurgent headquarters.

AN: So, how was it? Please Review and let me know your views. Comment please. I just finished writing the last chapter so updates will be more frequent! And please review! Your comments inspire me. R&R!

I hope you all are enjoying the story.

Links to Resurgent Covers edited/made by me 'cause I'm crazy like that and I need my covers to match with the entire series since it's like a sequel in my eyes.

Which do you like best? Review on the story or PM me. I made the reddish orange one 'cause the color was closer to the first books cover.