The Engagement Party|Hidden Past (Sequel to Private Trip)

Start from the beginning

30 mins later

We arrived at a banquet hall. "Chris what is this?" I asked as we walked hand in hand to the big ass tall double doors. "Surprise." He whispered then smiled into my ear before the double door opened and showed all of our friends and family my face had shock and happiness written all over it. We walked in and everybody started to congratulate us.

"This is our engagement party omg!" I screamed excitedly. "Yup and also it's  Chris' birthday party since we couldn't spend it with him." Lele said coming to hug me. "Congratulations girl let us see that rock!" Melissa spoke behind me. I turned around so quick and almost tackled her right along with Noella and Lele in the process; but luckily they didn't lose their balance. "I missed you bitches so much!" I yelled out. We got into a group hug; I show them the ring and they were so happy and excited for me already talking about being bridesmaids already picking Mel as the maid of honor. We laughed and joked until my mom and dad came over to hug me. "We missed you now let me see this ring this man put on me daughter's finger." My dad said to me. I showed him and my mom. "Oh god that is the most beautiful ring ever." My mom said in surprise. "I know I love it and most importantly mama and papa I love him." I said sincerely. They understood and told me they gave Chris their blessing before he proposed. I was in tears almost ruining my make up. This guy is full of surprises. I wanna gave one back. I knew just what to do.

The party was going great Mijo, Mel, Noella Lele and Chris' cousins Austin who calls me his cousin in law Robb, Jamal, and Keeis also my parents congratulated us by toast and then Chris' mama Joyce came up to the stage. I haven't seen her in 3 years. She is like a second mom to me.

"Hey everybody especially to the lovely couple my sweet angels Chris and Robyn I just wanted to say it's about damn time," Everybody laughed including us. She continued "I'm so happy for you guys. You two are made for each other. Robyn I can't wait for you to become officially part of my family even though you are like family to me anyway, Chris you take care of this beautiful young woman here. Don't mess up a good thing. She's a good girl who loves you she's also strong and independent and knows what she wants and she chose you. I love you guys so much Angels you'll make an exciting and incredible life together. Congratulations to Chris and Robyn." She smiled and raised her champagne glass. Everybody said congrats.

As the older guest mingled like my parents and Chris' mom, our friends and Chris and I partied. "I'll be back." I whispered to Chris. He nodded. Time for my surprise. I went on stage and grabbed the mic. "Hey all I would like to say is thank you for coming to celebrate with us; me and Chris are very excited about our future together. I would also like to thank the birthday boy, baby you didn't have to do this but I'm glad you did and I would like to show my appreciation and give you a gift." I smiled as Lele grabbed a chair and then told Chris to sit in it. I smiled as my song Birthday Cake (Remix) came on.

I moved off the stage and came towards him sitting on his lap and I was grinding on him a little after the song was over we kissed and then mingled with the guest. Chris was really enjoying himself and I was happy that I was the reason for his happiness. I love him so much I can't wait to be his wife.
We were talking to Mama Joyce about the date of the wedding and if it was gonna be small or big.
"It's always been a big dream of mine to have a big wedding in Barbados on the beach or something I would love that." I said smiling while Chris was holding me from behind.

He kissed my shoulder. "I'll take that into consideration. We'll see right now I want you to enjoy the engagement."

"Yes Robyn listen to him you guys don't need to stress over the wedding you have plenty of time for that just enjoy and capture moments angel." Joyce smiled her dimples showing. I hugged and kissed her cheek. She was right I was gonna enjoy my fiancé.