Nose Bleed at the Park

Charlotte's eyes flickered opened. 'Where am I?' Charlotte thought to herself in a daze. She was laying on a plain of grass. She couldn't move, she was paralyzed. Her vision was blurry and she was losing conscious.

"Ugh! Why did I do that?! So stupid!" She heard a person say. Her ears made it sound muffled. "I could have just let her die.....grrrr." The person growled. Charlotte heard the person footsteps running away.

Charlotte got up after a few minutes. Her head started to feel heavy. She looked at where she was. The sun was rising, so it was probably four of five in the morning. She was on the lawn of a random house. She had no idea what neighborhood she was in. She then noticed something. Derrick was right next to her. He was unconscious on the lawn.

Charlotte shook him awake, "Hey, wake up." Derrick's eyes flickered open. He sat up and looked around at his surroundings "Where are we?" Charlotte shook her head, "I don't know....I don't even know how we got here." Derrick's eyes widened, "The last thing I remember was Oliver chasing us!! You saved us....." Derrick smiled at her.

Charlotte said humbly "Not really, I have no idea how we got here..." Derrick took her hand, "Well, it was you who thought of running and you saved me from Jake." Derrick got up and helped Charlotte up "Let's go home. I'll walk you."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlotte sat in her room on her phone. She tried as hard as she could to get her mind off of her problems.

Then someone called. Her hands shook nervously. 'Please no...please no.' Charlotte thought to herself. She checked the ID. It was a unknown number. 'It can't be him right? Right?' Charlotte thought trying to cheer herself up.

She answered the call. "Hey, Violet." A person said through the phone. It sounded as if the person wasn't talking to her but another person in the room. Charlotte froze. It was Kegan's voice.

"Wanna say hello to your friend Charlotte?" He said evily. Muffled screams came from the phone. Charlotte shook of fear. "You have six days left Charlotte! Six more people to kidnap! Be careful...." Kegan said with a raspy voice. The phone hung up.

Charlotte laid on her bed. Her heart raced fast as she shook in fear. She breathed heavily. Then she thought to herself, 'Well, this is good news! I mean, Violet is still alive! I have time! I'm not gonna waste it and act like a baby!' Charlotte shot up to her feet and shouted, "Yeah!"

Charlotte's mom came into the room, "Sweetie? I thought you were at a friend's house? You should get ready now! Its already eight o'clock! Get going!" Charlotte said embarrassed, "Sorry mom, I'll get ready."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Charlotte got to school Ellie and Chrissy walked with her to class. "Did you here that one of the student's in Ms.Chill's class went missing? Where did you go yesterday? I called you so many times." Ellie said. Charlotte replied, "Sorry... I....I was at my cousin's house. Yeah, that's where I was." Chrissy smirked, "You do love your cousins. We should go to the park later. Tuesday's are the best days to go to the park you know? I have to practice for my basketball tournament! I'm not losing to some twerps."

Charlotte laughed, "Yeah, yeah. Okay I'll ask my mom." Ellie nodded, "Yay! Let's invite Jake and Derrick too!" Charlotte then said, "Aren't you forgetting Oli-" Charlotte stopped herself. She realized they were drugged to think they didn't know him. Oliver is just a nobody to them. The only way to get there memory back is from Oliver.

"What were you gonna say?" Ellie asked. "Nothing. I just realized my mom forgot the olives on the pizza we were going to make today." Charlotte lied. "I thought you hated pizza?" Chrissy said. Charlotte started to sweat, "Uh...I um.."

Then Derrick came from behind and messed up Charlotte's hair, "What's up my people, what's going on?" Chrissy said, "We're going to the park today, want to come?" Derrick replied, "Yeah, sure I guess."

"Don't count me out!" Jake said approaching the group. "Jake..." Derrick gritted his teeth. Charlotte tugged Derrick's shirt. She grabbed her wrist and opened her hand in and out. Derrick calmed down. "What's up with that?" Jake asked trying to copy Charlotte's sign. "Oh, uh nothing. I was just stretching my fingers." Charlotte lied. "Okay?" Ellie said awkwardly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ellie got hit straight in the nose with a basketball. "Ow!" She shouted in pain. She held her nose. Everyone went up to her, "You okay?" Charlotte asked. "We've been playing two games of basketball straight, you should take a break." Derrick said to Ellie. Ellie checked her nose. It was bleeding. "I'll just go wash it off in the bathroom, then we can play." Ellie walked away.

"I need to do my business too." Jake said walking to the bathroom. "Let's all take a break." Chrissy said. Everyone sat down on the park bench. "I'm exhausted." Derrick said breathing heavily, "I'm not cut out for basketball." Charlotte messed with Derrick's hair, "You're so weird."

"You guys are so in love." Chrissy smirked. "What?! No, gross!" Derrick and Charlotte said at the same time, red as a tomato. Chrissy sarcasticly said, "Yeah, sure you guys aren't."

Scream!!!

"What was that?" Chrissy asked confused. "Probably just a kid on the playground. Ha, remember when we used to be like that?" Derrick said nudging Chrissy. "Yeah, that's when I threw you off the slide!" Chrissy laughed.

James came back a little sweaty. "Why are you sweating? You just took a ten minute break" Chrissy asked. "A bunch of kids sprayed me with a water gun! Ellie told me to tell you guys she went home. I think she had a fever or something." Charlotte thought to herself, "Fever? She was fine when I saw her. Why would she go home?"

Chrissy tossed the ball to Jake, " Ready, sweaty?" Jake smirked "You are so on!" They ran to the court. "Wait up!" Derrick shouted running to catch up. Charlotte got up to run for them too.

Then she saw something peculiar. Jake's right sleeve had drops of blood on it.